Ahh bummer, will just miss you
by Mike C
Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:38 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Disk Golf (and Wave) Tour 2023
Replies: 14
Views: 2251

Re: BWD Oregon Disk Golf (and Wave) Tour 2023

Planning to head to Coast / Gorge July 31 evening till Aug 6. Anyone going to be down there?
by Mike C
Sun May 26, 2013 3:52 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Shipping Windsurfing Gear
Replies: 1
Views: 1079

Shipping Windsurfing Gear

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can ship my Windsurfing gear from Vancouver to Ireland inexpensively? The airlines I've checked won't take anything over 6'2.....
by Mike C
Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:06 pm
Topic: San Carlos Mid June to Early July
Replies: 3
Views: 1695

First Year has been great. I still have almost 2 months left in it - its a long academic year. I love it over here. Good people, great facilities, really good school that has done well in the residency match. Its been a lot of fun. I've sure spent a lot of money on flights tho! I've yet to get out t...
by Mike C
Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:58 am
Topic: San Carlos Mid June to Early July
Replies: 3
Views: 1695

San Carlos Mid June to Early July

Hey Dudes, Does anyone want to join my Dad and I for a San Carlos trip around Jun 18th to July 6th or so. The dates are a bit flexible by a few days. We're planning to go with solosports so its costly but if we get one more person, we can trim the "fly-in" costs a bit. Fire me an email at ...
by Mike C
Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:04 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Camping at Pistol / Cape Sebastien
Replies: 8
Views: 2280

I'm partial to Huntly Park which is about 7 miles up the Rogue River on the south side. Usually its warm in the morning and relatively inexpensive. I think tent camping is $12 or something. Most windsurfers don't go to this one because its about a 20 minute drive to the Rock/Cape but I think its the...
by Mike C
Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:33 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Hunting For The Wind
Replies: 29
Views: 8849

That was a fun trip. Can't wait till next summer.
by Mike C
Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:54 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Hunting For The Wind
Views: 8849

Really good video Cam. Awesome scenery shots/people shots. Tony killed as the "narrator" type too. Next trip to the coast starts July 27th? Any takers if there is wind (and waves)?
by Mike C
Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:24 am
Topic: Nitinaht Weather
Replies: 6
Views: 1578

Add the wind forecast for juan de fuca straight.
If its supposed to blow a solid westerly, that indicates on-shore flow which will assist nitinat winds! If its gonna blow easterly in the straight, nitinat will probably be lighter, maybe still sailable, but not that windy.
by Mike C
Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:01 pm
Topic: Road to Punta San Carlos
Replies: 7
Views: 2301

It is a bit of a maze. People tend to drive on the smooth hard sand in places rather than on the actual road where possible. I'd advise not driving the dirt at night the first time as it can be hard to discern the actual road compared to the side roads in the dark. Within sight of the campground the...
by Mike C
Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:24 am
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012
Replies: 222
Views: 56319

Hey Law, not sure if you got my text yesterday about winchester bay as a surf/sup spot. Not far south of florence, and in my opinion its superior. Turn off at winchester bay and follow the road through a lame 4x4 campground toward the south jetty. A little farther south than the jetty there is a par...
by Mike C
Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Pressure model looks really good for Sunday and the days following. I just got granted next week off so I'm totally stoked!!! Can't wait to get down there!! PS, does anyone live in View Royal that is willing to bring my surf board down the coast? I left it at a buddy's house but he'd be willing to d...
by Mike C
Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm hoping to join you guys on the south coast maybe june 30th till july 8th. It would be cool to see all you hardcore windskippers again!
by Mike C
Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:25 pm
Topic: Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!
Replies: 289
Views: 84424

Such a good dude with a great spirit and a thirst for windsurfing. May his soul ride mile long waves for eternity.
by Mike C
Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:17 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: back loop tips
Views: 7788

Backloop motivational speech

Motivational speech for backloopers delivered by a 5 year old:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIvk1cS ... e=youtu.be