Search found 68 matches

by otisdadog
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:29 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 62810

Re: Windsurf Foiling Discussion

Hello All, I'm moving back to the island this summer after 5 years away and looking forward to getting back on the water, I'm in the process of reading through this thread as there is a wealth of knowledge here, but the one question I have, which is a loaded one, what is a recommended board/foil se...
by otisdadog
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:26 am
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 62810

Re: Windsurf Foiling Discussion

Hello All, I'm moving back to the island this summer after 5 years away and looking forward to getting back on the water, I'm in the process of reading through this thread as there is a wealth of knowledge here, but the one question I have, which is a loaded one, what is a recommended board/foil set...
by otisdadog
Thu May 19, 2016 2:43 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Waves & right of way
Replies: 12
Views: 4059

You were stand up surfing at JR? I'm surprised you were allowed on the water. The last time I tried SUPing there I was one of 2 people there and I got attitude from the surfer.
by otisdadog
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:22 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 122073

by otisdadog
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:47 pm
Topic: November trip - Big Island, Hawaii?
Replies: 14
Views: 5753

I've sailed the outerbanks that time of year and it was awesome. Great place to learn, stays really shallow however if you want a great place to learn Bonaire is fantastic, nice shallow sandy bottom.
by otisdadog
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:46 am
Topic: 2015 Nitinaht Lake Fees and Politics
Replies: 82
Views: 24671

I understand it sounds like complaining/venting, however the fees in the past I felt were reflective of the service I was recieving. I didn't complain about the fact there was no toilet paper in the outhouses because I was paying 10 dollars to share a campsite with 4 people. That being said when I p...
by otisdadog
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Am I the only one who finds it strange that there are now 2 threads on improvemnts to Nitnat (Sauna and Bike Loop) which will require volunteer help and resources, yet we seem to be paying the most we ever had for lake access.
by otisdadog
Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:35 am

So I want to be clear about this, I read the notice on the board and the fee is per party, yet they are charging per vehicle. When they came around on Saturday there were four of us in 3 vehicles sharing a campsite and we were charged 15 dollars per vehicle. They essentially got a total of 45 dollar...
by otisdadog
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:37 am

First of all, thank you for your effort. Its much appreciated.

You somewhat mention it but is there a plan to re-evaluate how they charge for campsites, so far this year they are charging per vehicle on a campsite despite the fact that people are sharing the campsite.
by otisdadog
Fri May 08, 2015 10:17 am
Topic: Nitinaht 2015: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 55
Views: 15536

Does anyone know how much the people pay who have setups for the whole season?
by otisdadog
Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:55 am
Topic: Looking for La Ventana Accomodations
Replies: 0
Views: 773

Looking for La Ventana Accomodations

Heading down to La Ventana for a quick week trip 28 Feb to 8 Mar. Anyone know of any good accomodation deals? Or has a place they want to rent out for that time.

Thanks

Chris
by otisdadog
Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:58 am
Topic: Getting gear to La Ventana?
Replies: 1
Views: 1170

Getting gear to La Ventana?

Looking for someone headed down to La Ventana that would be willing to bring my windsurfing gear down for the season. If you're available to bring my gear I would definitely componsate you for the effort. Also if anyone has any suggestion on how to get gear to La Ventana that be appreciated.
by otisdadog
Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:30 pm
Topic: Getting Windsurf Gear to La Ventana
Replies: 3
Views: 1556

Getting Windsurf Gear to La Ventana

Looking to head down to La Ventana after New Years for 2 weeks and was thinking of bringing my own windsurfing gear, if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get board and sails down to La Ventana short of driving down with it.

Thanks
by otisdadog
Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 am
Topic: Nitinaht 2014: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 85
Views: 22842

I agree that every year its the same posts and nothing substantial changes. The one thing I would say is that in the 10 years I've been going to the lake the one thing I've really noticed is the steady build up of people showing up to the lake. When I first started coming to the lake I could show up...
by otisdadog
Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:15 am
Topic: Windsurfing September-October Time Frame
Replies: 3
Views: 1845

Windsurfing September-October Time Frame

I'll be getting back from a 9 month deployment on the HMCS REGINA and I'm looking for a good place to go windsurfing for a few weeks towards the end of september, preferably somewhere warm. Also the Red Sea looks like it would be epic during the month of May, the few days we where sailing through th...