2024 Nitinaht Road Reports

Add photos, maps and directions to sailing spots on or off the Island.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

2024 Nitinaht Road Reports

Post by Bobson »

Hey, has anyone travelled to or know what shape the roads are in to Nitinaht this year.?
South - Cowichan Lake Route (northshore/southshore around Lake Cowichan)
North - Port Alberni Route

Much Appreciated.
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: 2024 Nitinaht Road Reports

Post by Bobson »

Okay, apparently not....so I'll give a road update when I head there for the May long weekend.
ps. I'm in F-16, so stop by and say HEY if you're there. If you forget my name, it'll be on my hat. HA!
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
slake
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by slake »

Easy there big steamer...road is very good (best I've seen) up to the yurt! There is a clockwise pattern after the yurt (ie. you can exit on the old road that goes by the water/non-currently-working-internet-cabin and to the new cabins). Bring your rake, broom, brush, weed wacker, and cleaning products (nature takes over, over time).

Are you going to be winging with your hat on?
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Bobson »

Thanks for reply Slaker!!
Which site did you stay in.? G03.?
Is there internet in the same spot, by the water tap.?
Yes, always with 'The BOBSON Hat' on my head.
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

!!!

Post by Bobson »

ps. Nice 1st NN session logs this year. You have set the bar high. WooHooo!
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
slake
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by slake »

I was in G04. Pepe had already snagged G03! If you've not bumped into the family they have a father/son website here https://www.wave-chasers.com . Low key, friendly, nice guy and next level foiling on the water. Similar skill of that young Linden/Lyndon (sp?) guy that was there last year. Lots of aerial tricks.

No internet in camp. I did not try to connect but supposedly there is some interwebs at the yurt.

Three new blue high pressure water lines near the (only presently?) non-functioning-camp-internet cabin. Hopefully that is up and running again soon.

I couldn't figure out how to get two tracks on one log for day 1, took me awhile (had to merge). So was pretty short after that with the text in my logs. Sunday looked like it might not be as good as Fri/Sat but for an hour or two it was as strong as I'd seen there, and waves felt bigger than normal. Still feel faster on my bigger board. I do like the kick tail pad on the 88 L Armstrong board to brace against. The 60 L is flat in the back and I go between putting a rear strap on and not, which when there I stick my foot in 10% of the time. It was nice to have the good Nitinat wind and weather. Hopefully you are blessed with similar conditions May long weekend!

Seems like there is a fair amount of driftwood on the beach. Including a big tree near Elevation. Not sure that is the norm, or not at this time. Earliest I've ever been is late June (I think).