Search found 8 matches

by GP
Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:18 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Options for Kiting near an all inclusive resort...
Replies: 11
Views: 3547

Flip...send me a message and lets see if we can figure out some flights over the summer/fall.
by GP
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:09 pm
Topic: Location Report
Replies: 12
Views: 3488

Flew low over Lake Cowichan today…looked like perfect conditions. Nice tight chop could have cut through the top of waves without dropping in…unless you wanted to.

As for Colin...I'm sure he carries a dictionary in his purse.
by GP
Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:33 am

What a great idea. I look forward to seeing you out on that pond.

Better yet let me know when you're going out so I can take a video and post it on YouTube...under "compete morons". Sure its not your first time in that category. :wink:
by GP
Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Location Report

I see someone is kiting off of Dallas, the brave sole. Not that I would know much, but Elk lake looks fantastic right now. Steady North wind, with 200 meter off the north beach looking particularly strong. The waves there are about 1 – 2 feet high, steep pitch but very close frequency. Don’t know if...
by GP
Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:56 am
Topic: Legal aspect on "helping"a friend kiting
Replies: 33
Views: 8698

Too funny…nope, I can say absolutely it’s not the same bunch.

Agreed, time to change the tone. All the serious stuff has been covered pretty much to death.

See you on the beach...

Cheers all
by GP
Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 am

Here is the unofficial legal opinion. I discussed this with a few Crown Council members I had meetings with this week, here is the feedback I received. Advice by definition is intended to be helpful. Within that context you cannot be found criminally libel for giving advice. Civil sues however can b...
by GP
Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:45 am

BK it was great meeting you dude, it was a big deal to me, honest. As for the rest…I am actually older than I look, not that it matters. I’m not going to get into it, cause it will come off cocky, but kiteboarding will not be anywhere close to the riskiest sport I have taken up, on water, land or ai...
by GP
Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:29 pm

advice

OK, so the really new guy is going to respectfully jump in here. I just want to give another prospective. With respect to people that have “been there, done that”. Yes that can get bothersome and annoying when it comes across as arrogant. That said, I have reached the expert and/or elite level of se...