Search found 23 matches

by Bigtrib
Wed May 22, 2024 10:21 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast "Whatever Goes" Sharkmethfest 2024
Replies: 9
Views: 1215

Oregon windsurfing trip June 2024!

Any other windsurfers heading down to Oregon in June :?: Im driving the Fargo down on June 17th until the 28th or so. :D 
I have read a lot of old posts on here, and heard a lot about the old mass migrations of island windsurfers down to Oregon for great wind and waves! It will be my first time down...
by Bigtrib
Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:05 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Kite/Windsurf Videos for Doldrums
Replies: 122
Views: 55856

So rad!
by Bigtrib
Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:42 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: I am heading to cabarete on December 8/ 2011
Replies: 4
Views: 1670

It's super easy to find new and used gear in cabarete. Just ask where it is coming from and check for personal info on the gear.
by Bigtrib
Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:54 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Keeping it rigged
Replies: 8
Views: 2519

Well it's been off and on rain for the past few days thanks to Irene. we generally have an E 5-10 kn ish side shore, that will pick up too 15 or 20 every few days. But again with the hurricane it's been S Anywhere from 20-30 with insane 15ft waves at the ship wreck (reef break). I'm right next door ...
by Bigtrib
Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 am

Alright windoctor, will do
by Bigtrib
Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Ya good point markus. If I end up staying here for another 6
Months I will come home quick, grab my gear and just keep it rigged for the most part. One of the other instructors has had a superfreak rigged most of the time for like a year and looks ok other than being very sun bleached. Thanks guys
by Bigtrib
Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Keeping it rigged

Hey y'all

So quick question for everyone. What are the long term effects of leaving your rig rigged all the time? All the guys here just leave their gear rigged up with the rest of the rental stuff. If I do the same will my HotRod lose shape or something?

Thanks islanders
by Bigtrib
Mon May 02, 2011 5:47 pm
Topic: Double board a quiver bag suitable for airline transport
Replies: 10
Views: 3019

It looks like the gear that is here at club med punta cana will do the job just fine. Was even giving a 113L board today.thanks anyway guys, happy sailing!

Dane :D
by Bigtrib
Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Might have to go the hockey bag road! The hockey glove idea sounds promising Dave, I'll just grab a few from the pile outside your door; May be a bit small though. Im not sure how its going to work as i wont be traveling with the gear :s My parents would be sending it out to me once i have a look at...
by Bigtrib
Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:33 am

Double board a quiver bag suitable for airline transport

Hey islanders, Iv been doing a fair bit a research on board bags. Looking at PatLove, Naish, Dakine... to get my two 255cm boards, and 3 sail quiver along with booms ect. to the Dominican. Has anyone used any similar bags or have an idea as to cost and airline? Also if anyone has one there looking t...
by Bigtrib
Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:49 pm
Topic: BWD Wear
Replies: 183
Views: 71392

I could use a Large T-shirt and Hoodie!
by Bigtrib
Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2011
Replies: 187
Views: 43708

To much shark talk for me! I just wana sail so if I see one I'll fight 'em so everyone can get back to it! ...except maybe me.

...till im finished stuffing it.
by Bigtrib
Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 pm
Topic: Where should I go!? HAWAII
Replies: 27
Views: 8884

Well i would be getting back from hawaii around spring so mabey cali would work. Isn't it kinda skechy driving through mexico at the moment? around the border is supost to be badddd. I guess i couldn't just park at a beach in cali and sleep there eh? have to find campsight. Florida seems a bit far t...
by Bigtrib
Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 pm
Topic: Where should I go!? HAWAII
Replies: 27
Views: 8884

Heyyyy... So still super stoked to go to hawaii, but cant go galavanting all over austrailia as i will be joining the coastguard in the near future. Is there anywhere i drive to in the westfalia that is somewhat warm and i can sail just about everyday for a month or so? like california or something?...
by Bigtrib
Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:35 am
Topic: Windsurfing lessons
Replies: 60
Views: 14327

On my way! Just driving over the hat :mrgreen: