Search found 8 matches

by Speedy_G
Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:31 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Buy or Sell
Topic: Quatro Wing Drifter Pro wing foil board 80L, Armstrong HS1050
Replies: 2
Views: 260

Quatro Wing Drifter Pro wing foil board 80L, Armstrong HS1050

Quatro Wing Drifter Pro wing foil board 80L in excellent condition. Lightly used, no dings or repairs. Selling because sized down to smaller board. $850

Armstrong HS1050 front foil wing. Also in excellent shape. $450

In Vancouver.
by Speedy_G
Tue May 31, 2016 5:07 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: In case you didn't know.....
Replies: 5
Views: 2466

In case you didn't know.....

AWT Pistol River is in just over a week. You've still got time to sign up!! Go have fun and hang with the Pros.
by Speedy_G
Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:04 pm
Topic: Any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid?
Replies: 12
Views: 2639

I tested the GPX in April. Chris lent us the prototype. Felt pretty good but fairly finicky to rig. You had to get it just right. I got 2 on order, we shall see.

How far will this go?? Will we'll go all the way to battenless?
by Speedy_G
Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 pm
Topic: Getting outside of the breakers
Replies: 23
Views: 6536

I'm out of straps when clearing breaks. Front foot is right up at the mast base, back foot straddling centerline and knees bent to lower center of gravity. The only time I've had success clearing a break in straps is when I'm on full plane and charging it. Timing sets is important as already ...
by Speedy_G
Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:41 pm
Topic: Any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid?
Replies: 12
Views: 2639

Any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid?

Are there any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid 6 batten freeride sail on the island? Should Jeff make it again?
by Speedy_G
Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am
Topic: The Guild of the Golden Helmet
Replies: 90
Views: 29952

In the past week down at Pistol River where it was absolutely nuking, the Golden Helmet changed hands several times for feats of bravery, awe and inspiration. On July 2, 2013 the Golden Helmet was passed from Mark (who himself won it himself for attempting a no hands no footstrap loop??) to new ...
by Speedy_G
Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 pm
Topic: gear rinsing
Replies: 9
Views: 3292

Anything neoprene and my harness I rinse and dry. Extension, u-joint, fins, boom I rinse if it's been in salt water. Probably not all necessary but easy to do as it's all in the rubbermaid tub. Sails, masts and board I don't usually rinse unless it had to be packed up sandy or with weeds hanging off ...
by Speedy_G
Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:59 am
Topic: Advice on HSM Liquid and Smack
Replies: 11
Views: 3902

Advice on HSM Liquid and Smack

I'm procuring sails for our windsurfing club use to replace aging Ezzy Freerides in the 6M-7.5M size range. Mostly they will be sailed in flatwater at Jericho and on occasion at Nitinat b&j for the bigger guys. Wondering if those who have sailed the Liquid or Smack can comment on the suitability of ...