Search found 8 matches

by wjlavery
Wed May 29, 2024 9:17 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wing Rescue - Thank you!!!
Replies: 0
Views: 76

Wing Rescue - Thank you!!!

Thank you to Peter (Pete?) for rescuing my brand new, first time out, KT Wing tonight! I bailed out in the swells and the leash popped off my wrist and the wing was quickly gone. I started paddling after it and there was no way I'd catch it. Peter came to my rescue and took off down wind and caught ...
by wjlavery
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:14 am
Topic: Foil mounting maintenance question
Replies: 3
Views: 525

Re: Foil mounting maintenance question

Thanks for the reply. I'll get those other nuts, and be sure not to over tighten them. To deal with the dents I seem to have made, should I sand them smooth?
by wjlavery
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:22 pm
Topic: Foil mounting maintenance question
Replies: 3
Views: 525

Foil mounting maintenance question

Hey - I'm new to wingfoiling - just got back from my third session tonight. I'm having trouble with the foil track on my KT Drifter (it was brand new - just used the three times). The track seems to be getting dented and the paint is flaking, and the nuts won't slide. It's happening on all 4 points ...
by wjlavery
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:29 pm
Topic: Wind Direction?
Replies: 1
Views: 753

Re: Wind Direction?

Thanks - I'll check it out.
by wjlavery
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:11 pm
Topic: Wind Direction?
Replies: 1
Views: 753

Wind Direction?

Hi - I'm finally all geared up and ready for my first session wing foiling. Can anyone advise the best wind direction at the different sites around Victoria? I'm 100kg and using a 6m wing to start, so I'm thinking I'll be looking for 15-20 knot winds, but I'm not sure the best direction. Ross Bay - ...
by wjlavery
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:48 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Rigging question
Replies: 7
Views: 4952

Lol - yes! That is the answer - there are two holes - I just rigged it wrong. Thanks for the quick replies and help everyone.
by wjlavery
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:25 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Rigging question
Views: 4952

Rigging question

Hi, I have an older Sailworks Bravo 6.0 sail that I was trying to rig today, but the openings on the sail are too small for the clamp on the boom. Is there a different attachment option?

Thanks for your advice!
by wjlavery
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiting lesson review?
Views: 4154

I had a great experience with Sea to Sky Kiteboarding in Squamish a few weeks ago. http://www.seatoskykiteboarding.com/

I was a total beginner and we went from total basics (safety, rigging, etc) all the way to actually getting up on a board in a few hours. They use a zodiac support boat.