Search found 12 matches

by jbatsea
Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:37 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: 'Help a sister out' with a lift from Youbou out to Nat
Replies: 0
Views: 141

'Help a sister out' with a lift from Youbou out to Nat

Is anyone driving in to Nat on Friday (June 14th, 2024) evening that has an extra seat??? Daughter will be driving to Youbou after work, but is hesitant to attempt logging road portion with small car. Her loving father will be driving in with Wing foil Gear earlier, so she just needs a lift, no extr...
by jbatsea
Sat May 21, 2016 2:12 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Should I buy???!
Replies: 17
Views: 7759

Thx spinningtony and Gwind. So far no answer for the carve, is 2000/01 still considered 'vintage' by most WS types?
by jbatsea
Fri May 20, 2016 6:39 am

BUSTED! Thx Gdawg, I'm hunting, and will hopefully find something suitable for RB! I was looking at the Starboard Blend and Whopper as suggested by someone who knows 'these things', but will try the Mistral as well. - Thanks! -
by jbatsea
Thu May 19, 2016 10:59 am

BWD, Winddoc and Juan, thanks for input. She'll be up at Nitinat with me until the both of us develop the confidence to K-ing and WS-ing in the wind and tides we encounter around vic/nanaimo. Agree that more money spent now might save $ down the road and that the technology has improved immensely. I...
by jbatsea
Thu May 19, 2016 7:42 am

Should I buy???!

Hi, don't want to shame this guy, or to be shamed myself! I found this gear in usedvic, and would like to get gear for my daughter. My background: I'm a kiter, daughter is just starting out, has had a lesson from Hijo (I think) and so I would like to acquire some 'beginner gear' that she can shed, a...
by jbatsea
Mon May 16, 2016 10:57 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Tires for Nitinat
Replies: 31
Views: 8082

BWD, thx for the posting the link to the discussion thread on tires. Resident experts past and present: Thx for all the input and advice, lots of different perspectives and certainly a lot of options. With the tire types and brands suggested recently, I find that when I'm walking in parking lots, I'...
by jbatsea
Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:43 pm
Topic: New windsurfer
Replies: 33
Views: 12243

True, the group is friendly and very supportive, and I hope she does end up building relationships, even with other geriatrics aside from myself! I wish I could talk her in to KS-ing, but she has her mind made up, I also love what our neighbor said, "KS, hell, no way, she's in my tribe". S...
by jbatsea
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:31 am

Will log in and check out the teaching beta. Thx! 'Student' not posting herself as 'student' has not bothered to register with BWD (too difficult), and she has a charming, but overbearing father for that. Also warnings of WS being a 'sausage fest' by certain un-named bloggers might have made her a b...
by jbatsea
Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:09 am

New Windsurfer

Newbie will be surfing (not windsurfing) tomorrow and Saturday. Will find out if Monday looks good for vic area, IV, Willows or Elk. and if someone might be available to assist her. Appreciate all the info, and especially the photo of us floundering around in the surf on Monday at IV, JL!! thx for t...
by jbatsea
Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:37 pm

new windsurfer

Ok Thx! Will check wind conditions in Ladysmith, looks like IV is going ballistic next couple of days. Maybe KUS has some ideas for vic area, thx again, jb
by jbatsea
Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 am

New Windsurfer

My daughter and I went to IV yesterday (Dec 1st). I was trying to help her to do a WS water-start. (sorry, I'm a kiteboarder). My daughter is 25, and looking for lessons and / or advice. We live in Victoria. We're also in the market for beginner gear. I bought her a board at Nitnat at the end of the...
by jbatsea
Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:20 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Looking for a Vacation Spot
Replies: 42
Views: 11373

alaska credit card

My wife has an Alaska credit card. We live in Vic, and she gets a $50 companion fare or two a year. You might have to call alaska 1-800 and ask for the application for CDN card, not the US card.