Search found 68 matches

by slake
Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:41 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: 2024 Wings
Replies: 3
Views: 639

Re: 2024 Wings

Well I was somewhat in the hunt for a larger wing, so I picked up a 6.1 m XPS, and while I was at it a 3.5 m. At some point I'll likely get the one in-between (4.6 m). So far very impressed. Lots of small details are thought of, asides the big picture stuff (ie. the XPS). Will be interesting what th...
by slake
Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:00 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Buy or Sell
Topic: What To Do With Really Old Kite Gear
Replies: 5
Views: 1893

Re: What To Do With Really Old Kite Gear

Oh man did I ever flub in not seeing replies to this. I had checked in with https://www.saltlegacy.com in late 2023 and they would take the kites but we never lined up a time to do so, and I let it slip. I see Joostio posted first, more than half a year ago. And then chrisH. I'll reach out in that o...
by slake
Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:44 am
Topic: Board Boxes
Replies: 2
Views: 178

Re: Board Boxes

No cats, although I don't mind them. Boxes -> recycling. Significant other will be happy.
by slake
Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:41 pm
Topic: Board Boxes
Replies: 2
Views: 178

Board Boxes

Is there any good reason to keep a wing foil board box that I received in shipping? Was doing some summer cleaning. Found a box that has been sitting around under a bed for a couple of years. Other than if I ship the board I figure I drop it off at a recycling centre. Am I missing some other reason ...
by slake
Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:21 am
Topic: 2024 Wings
Views: 639

2024 Wings

Not a gear head so was hoping to tap into the BWD knowledge as I'm not following new gear closely. Any guidance on getting replacement wings? Anyone using Armstrong XPS?
by slake
Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:16 am
Topic: Centre strut wing inflation
Views: 436

Centre strut wing inflation

For wings that don't have a connector between leading edge and centre strut do people pump the LE first always and deflate it second? For the Strike that would appear to be the case https://www.f-one.world/app/uploads/2023/04/2023-STRIKE-SWING-user-guide-V2-DIGITAL.pdf and V3 it is marked right on t...
by slake
Mon May 13, 2024 2:00 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: 2024 Nitinaht Road Reports
Replies: 11
Views: 2336

Re: 2024 Nitinaht Road Reports

I was in G04. Pepe had already snagged G03! If you've not bumped into the family they have a father/son website here https://www.wave-chasers.com . Low key, friendly, nice guy and next level foiling on the water. Similar skill of that young Linden/Lyndon (sp?) guy that was there last year. Lots of a...
by slake
Sun May 12, 2024 10:13 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: 2024 Nitinaht Road Reports
Replies: 11
Views: 2336

Re: 2024 Nitinaht Road Reports

Easy there big steamer...road is very good (best I've seen) up to the yurt! There is a clockwise pattern after the yurt (ie. you can exit on the old road that goes by the water/non-currently-working-internet-cabin and to the new cabins). Bring your rake, broom, brush, weed wacker, and cleaning produ...
by slake
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm
Topic: How the Wing-Thing is going.....
Replies: 7
Views: 1517

Re: How the Wing-Thing is going.....

Oops...sorry if I wasn't being clear. Was suggesting Dave gets a bike (for some reason I thought he rode bikes but we've only bumped into each other a couple times at RB, so not sure). If yes, then I was suggesting, in a very sarcastic way, that the two of you could join each other on some waves. Wh...
by slake
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:07 pm

Hello @Bobson: I wonder if this might work well for you. Just load up some podcasts on the (optional) cassette deck and put on some real miles. That was hilarious!!! Bobson should definitely get one! For some reason I thought someone told me you were into biking. Maybe you could get one of these ht...
by slake
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:58 pm

That sounds great Bobson!!! However, didn't you used to call it 'wanging'? I see it is 'winging' now that you've taken to it. :lol: I don't know all the ins and outs of gear but isn't that 115 cm fuse uber long for wing dinging? I think I have a middle of the road 60 cm fuse, it is one aspect I've n...
by slake
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:03 pm
Topic: New Wing Handles
Replies: 10
Views: 1862

Re: New Wing Handles

If you had a huge dw board and a foil that did not require too much pumping, then maybe? That's what I figured. Was just trying to think outside the box, never having paddled onto a foil DW or flat water for that matter. Have paddled a bunch, just not with foils. But I can promise, as a wind person...
by slake
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:07 am
Topic: Replacing Armie (or other) Screws
Replies: 1
Views: 583

Re: Replacing Armie (or other) Screws

Hahaha...after sending that post I found this - https://forum.progressionproject.com/t/ ... roken/2068 . Guess my broken screw is not a big deal, relatively speaking. Probably should change them going forward.
by slake
Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:21 pm
Topic: Replacing Armie (or other) Screws
Replies: 1
Views: 583

Replacing Armie (or other) Screws

My better half still rides the HS1850 kit with 72 cm mast I got in '21. I sometimes take it out in light wind if she's not going, I still have a lot of fun on it - it is fast for what it is, easy to get on foil, super low stall speed, etc. I also got an 85 cm mast that year but didn't ride it much, ...
by slake
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:52 pm
Topic: New Wing Handles
Replies: 10
Views: 1862

Re: New Wing Handles

You don't need a screwdriver to get the paddle off (see around 8 min in the North video - D-ring + velcro strap holds it to the mounts), however, you are left with two mounts on the wing once the paddle is off. At just after 7 min of the same video they talk about removing handles to avoid canopy da...