Search found 8 matches

by solasurf
Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: KITE REPAIR IN VICTORIA??
Replies: 17
Views: 5202

Greg from Comox Kite Repair is a perfectionist! I had a blow out in my bladder and big tear around a strut and the leading edge, and even with all the graphics to match up, you can hardly tell it was ever repaired. I would highly recommend him! In fact, I just dropped off a kite last night at 7pm, a...
by solasurf
Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:06 pm
Topic: car rental in Baja
Replies: 10
Views: 2701

yes there is a bus. I remember taking a cab from the airport to a bus depot, and then the bus takes 3hours to La Paz. From there we had to get a friend in La Ventana to pick us up. But just thumbing a ride in the back of a pick-up truck is always an option too. People are friendly. Anyways, I don't ...
by solasurf
Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:15 pm
Topic: snow kiteboarding
Replies: 23
Views: 6629

Hi Trav, Being that we live in a rain forest with lots of tall trees and mountains (which make gusty, swirly conditions), and the West coast doesn't typically get alot of snow, decent snowkiting locations are hard to come by. We do, however, get alot of wind, and if you're at all interested in kiteb...
by solasurf
Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm
Topic: kye bay
Replies: 6
Views: 2406

Are you a new kiter in the Comox valley? I saw you had another post a few days ago with questions about where to buy a wetsuit in the area. What's your skill level? Kye Bay only works on a N or NW and can be quite gusty if you're too far to the point (the winds are on-shore and there is a big cliff)...
by solasurf
Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:34 am
Topic: Moving back to the Island
Replies: 8
Views: 2876

Hey Nimai! Yes, I remember meeting you at our campsite at Windfest. It was a great weekend with so many kite friends, regardless of wind or competition. I look forward to seeing you and your girlfriend again. Maybe at the Spit in Comox. Give a call when you are thinking of coming up :)
by solasurf
Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:53 pm
Topic: Moving back to the Island
Replies: 8
Views: 2876

Hi Wooderson. I'd be happy to help get you back on the water! Inflowence Kiteboarding is a year round kite school located in the Comox Valley with the best winds between September and June, so you are just in time. :) I even have a drysuit available to keep you warm and comfortable if you need to bo...
by solasurf
Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am
Topic: Kiteboard/windsurf club anyone ??
Replies: 32
Views: 6908

Dude, that's what this website is all about. Check out the Wiki and choose sailing spots for info about local beaches, or kiteboarding safety to learn from other's experiences. The forum is also a good place to ask questions about gear, or do a search and perhaps you'll find that your questions have...
by solasurf
Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 pm
Topic: Kite Repairs... HELP
Replies: 10
Views: 3044

I'm pretty sure Strong Kiteboarding does repairs. He used to, anyways. Give him a call. See BWD home page for link to website with phone number. Good Luck!