Search found 73 matches

by G-Daddy
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:33 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Alternate Island Wind Locations
Replies: 30
Views: 13649

Anyone have experience sailing/kiting from Macktush Campground? Years ago a local old timer told me it was epic out there.... I've always wanted to check it out.
by G-Daddy
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:55 pm
Topic: Boom grip replacement
Replies: 0
Views: 1140

Boom grip replacement

Anyone know if there is someone on the island who does boom grip replacement?
by G-Daddy
Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:29 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Nitinaht View 3 aerial video
Replies: 4
Views: 2753

That's super cool. Thank you for posting the vid.
by G-Daddy
Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:52 am
Topic: Lightwind FSW volume?
Replies: 28
Views: 10829

Check out the the 'Freemove' boards like the Fanatic Gecko and the RRD Firemove. There short and wide, with relatively thin rails. Makes them turn and fun, but very stable in light wind. We have an RRD Firemove 112. Great board for light wind and working out maneuvers. I can uphill it no problem ...
by G-Daddy
Sun May 17, 2015 11:22 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Port Alberni wind forecast
Replies: 6
Views: 6100

Very cool. Just scrolled through and it looks pretty easy to use. Worth adding to the forecasting links?
by G-Daddy
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Topic: LaVentana Questions
Replies: 22
Views: 7354

LaVentana Questions

Thinking about making a trip down to La Ventana for the first time this fall. The wind season on the web is 'November to April' but I can't locate anything with actual historical wind strength records. We were thinking some time in November, but then a friend who had been down there quite a few ...
by G-Daddy
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:36 pm
Topic: Freestyle Lessons
Replies: 21
Views: 6500

I love this thread. Thanks Janet! Having two small children my options for chasing waves are mostly limited to CB and SP on SE, and my place or Piper's on NW. The rest of my sailing is out at Nitnat, so gotta be thinking freestyle to have fun and progress out there. Sign me up for Wind Doc's Shuv it ...
by G-Daddy
Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:23 pm
Topic: collarbone
Replies: 37
Views: 9714

Hmm... I assume this hypothetical somebody got an XR and this break isn't surgical? Some are these days, though for the vast majority it's just a sling. They heal well with just a visible bump in most cases. Biggest problem is re-injury around 6 weeks + when yer starting to feel pretty good. Be ...
by G-Daddy
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 pm
Topic: Maui Beta
Replies: 31
Views: 8173

Still looking at options. Thanks for all the tips guys. It's a smoking deal for sure, that would;d be hard to beat elsewhere. Kevin at Secondwind is looking into shipping options so that I can compare to options like Bruno at 2Rad since he's the major Fanatic/North internet based distributor for NA ...
by G-Daddy
Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Hmm.. wish I knew the broker you used Moo. Kevin at Secondwind will look into options tomorrow, but nothing sounded that cheap and easy. I'll go for the board if I can get it back to the island without crazy hassles. Smokin' deal...
by G-Daddy
Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Found a board at secondwind that I'm thinking of buying and taking back on the plane with me. 2014, light cosmetic damage from a photoshoot, super good deal. Anyone have any experience packing boards on the plane from Maui? Cost with AC? Will the board get blown apart by the baggage handlers?
by G-Daddy
Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Kona winds for a few days at least. Might be shut down all the way through to next weekend. Ah well. Snorkel, snorkel. Trades look like they'll be back next weekend. Just in time for WDoc....
by G-Daddy
Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks for all the info! You guys rock. We'll be there Nov 15-24th Saul.

G
by G-Daddy
Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 pm
Topic: Drift from piper's to gabriola on October 27
Replies: 42
Views: 10775

I use an O'neill Gooru vest in fall/winter/early spring. Provides warmth, impact protection and flotation. Fits very snug, not bulky. Doesn't affect maneuvers (cause it's combined with a 6/4). Highly recommended option. I've tried some others and this is the best I've found in terms of balance ...
by G-Daddy
Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:26 pm

One more thing. Wet suit thickness in Late November?