AIRLINE TRAVEL WITH BOARD AND KITE

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
redbaron
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by redbaron »

Just paid $63 total Home from Maui with WestJet for my checked bag, SUP board bag(2 boards) and quiver bag. I checked in online and paid the fees ahead of time. The teller at the check-in never questioned it. The stop over in Vancouver was a bit of a joke. Had to pick up everything, go through customs and lug everything to the far end of the terminal to check-in/security screen again to fly to Victoria and barely enough time to make it on the plane. It still beats taking the ferry.
WestJet did reimburse me the cost of my new board bag due to some minor ripping that occurred. 8)
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

That is the advantage of WestJet going there and Alaska coming home. Ideally you fly both in that order and never touch gear until you arrive. As it is I'd rather lug on the way there through SeaTac customs then at the end of my trip at YVR where the distances are further and it runs the chance of ruining post holiday after glow.
Don't forget to bring a towel!