Nitinaht Sauna Authorized!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
CTK

Post by CTK »

Next year I can help out. Love building and have my Jobsite trailer with everything you could possibly need. Would have loved to help this year but there is no possible way... is there no experienced journeymen carpenters that kitesurf....
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

HI All

We REALLY want this done by Windfest which is in a little over 3 weeks. Lets really try and pull together on this one. Get something up with the new stove in it. The old one is garbage.
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
albertaboys

Post by albertaboys »

Teabag,

You mean something simple.... like this one?

http://bigwavedave.ca/gallery/displayim ... play_media

Wont be out till Aug long, so we cant help out till then.
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

We look at the old one, there is no hole in it, (we didnt put it out of gravel, but would be easier for this year). Plus the new one doesnt have a "Tray" weld on it to old rocks on it like the old one does.

New stove or old stove, it has to be "unconstruct first", (2 ~ hours if 3 person with 2 drill)

Then "rebuild" more like reconnect the 4 walls (~30 minutes? 3 persons, the walls are quite heavy)

Then build quick and dirty improvise roof (~3 hours need experience wood worker, skil saw, drill)

Then tarp inside with all the lath/tarp (see pictures, ask Dwayne advice) (~ 4-8 hours especially to cover irregular places.

Then oven decision, and oven inside.

Oh yeah the famous 4 row benches...

We might need poly or plexiglass for the main door.

Lots to do...
Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Snarfer »

Sooo - what do we need I can go buy it. Assuming we have the same tools as the first construction crew. (i.e. skilsaw, drill drivers, screws, shovels)

1. some sheetmetal
2. staple gun
3. see through plastic for roof
4. blue plastic for interior
5. thin fibreglass insulation
6. some more 2x4's (x6)?
7. some plywood 2x (4x8x1/4)?

Anything else?
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Greg, did you guys "unbuild" the current roof?
Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Snarfer »

Nope, I wasn't there last weekend. Just the original day we shoveled the dirt and shot the walls up for the first time.