BWD tshirt & logo design

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.

BWD Logo redesign?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 pm

I like the existing logo as it is
54%
I like the existing logo, but I'd like to see some small updates, like a new font
15%
I'd like to see a newly redesigned logo since I don't like the existing one
31%

Total votes: 26

Sandy Beach

maple leaf on sail

Post by Sandy Beach »

BWD, pls pay more attention and put your listening ears on next time...lol...BA and I were discussing a red maple leaf on the windsurfing sail in the graphic for the back of the shirt.

Keeps it simple without complicating the www.bigwavedave*ca address

Yet, another idea to ponder.....
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Martin

Post by Martin »

Doesn't the .ca already indicate canada?
Keep it clean and simple, looks great cj.
m
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

After a flurry of emails and PM discussions (thank you everyone), here are the next drafts. There was some support for putting the graphic on black hoodies, so I modified the existing BWD logo to work on black. It also now has the "cleaner" font. I also modified the wave graphic to look less like birds...some of us couldn't stop seeing them! (...Thanks, Martin!)
Attachments
BWD_LOGO_newfont_inverse2 copy.jpg
BWD_LOGO_newfont_inverse2 copy.jpg (55.41 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
ShadowWave3_black copy.jpg
ShadowWave3_black copy.jpg (34.13 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
ShadowWave3 copy.jpg
ShadowWave3 copy.jpg (31.99 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
Sandy Beach

cleaning up the shirts

Post by Sandy Beach »

Thank-you, 4J. Looks clean, simple and to the point...directs to the clear, simply stated, BigWaveDave.ca website for your Vancouver Island weather/wind information and beach stoke.

To raise money, in my opinion, black is more classy and versatile for wear, which may help appeal to a wider audience with sails :D
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

I love it 4J, especially on the black background. Black T's & hoodies will look great. I think these designs look very professional now and thank you so much for all your work on this. Hopefully this process is now in it's final stages .... :wink:

Thanks to everyone for their input, especially 4J & T, Otherside and Eastside and to BA for organizing everything and to Sandy Beach for her help 8) Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas too.

So I guess Trogdor is out then ?
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Thanks for all the great work!

Any possibility of a choice in other colours for Tees/hoodies than black? The design will work well on other colours too. Agreed, black looks good, but gets very hot (I know, not exactly an issue at the moment). I have black tees that I rarely wear in the summer because they heat up too much. I'd love to see grey, at least, as one more option. More colours would be even better if we can commit to a pre-order idea of what people would want, and extra stock of black ones could always be made to have on hand for later sales. Again, really nice to see 4J's graphic result!
Poultry in motion
BA

Post by BA »

Chris,
Thanks for your input. I'll look into pricing for more than one colour choice. We could possibly do the Tee's in grey and the Hoodies in black?

For those wondering about sizes, the samples we looked at were generous so I don't know of anyone who would need to order XXL.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

BA wrote:Chris,
We could possibly do the Tee's in grey and the Hoodies in black?
That sounds workable - wearing a hoodie means its going to be cold, you want all the warmth you can get - then layer down to the grey T when it heats up :D
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Shadow Wave3 is a keeper 4j, nice work! Much better than the original bird design, imo.
My other hobby is channel surfing
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

Very, very nice 4J! Thanks.
We windsurf - life must be good!