Saturday April 29, 2023 Clover Pt, Kitesurfing
     Saturday April 29, 2023 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Clover Pt, Kitesurfing SW 14 - 22
    wind swell
    1.80 hours Ocean Rodeo Duke
    Takoon Tiki 230
    Ocean Rodeo Crave HL 12
    Ocean Rodeo Shift Bar (Gen 3) 52cm
    First to arrive with CB arriving shortly after. What a perfectly lovely day for a Tiki session. I launched Clive and then self-launched and started off the reef rocks on the windward side. Had a good long session on the Tiki which let my get more settled with it. It is quite different than a surfboard. It is loose and slide-y. It goes upwind well for me when I am heel-side but toeside is a little trickier. Foot changes are easier than the surfboard but gybing is a harder, it is like steering a ocean liner :-). Got strafed by Tweezer a couple times :-)

I thought the wind was coming up and went to get the Duke but in fact the wind lulled and I had to come in shortly after as I was under powered. It was a perfect session except that I embarrassed myself coming in. Near the boat ramp I tried to de-power the kite with just one hand on the bar. It didn't work out and I crashed the kite on the pavement on the point. (Crash is too dramatic, the kite landed fairly gently with no damage). Brett was right on it and grabbed the kite for me (Thanks Brett!). I apologized to a lady that I startled when the kite landed in front of her. Lesson learned: don't do dumb things!
    GPS Track: 20230429-Clover-Tiki2:16 PM to 4:03 PM
    Moving Time01:24:35
    Planing Time 01:05:32
    Distance (km)21.2
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)13.7 / 13.7 / 12.9
    Number of Turns 46 (43% Planing)
    MAX 2023 - 16.7 kt, 59 turns, 44%TOTAL 2023 - 160 km, 9.9 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-