Saturday September 9, 2023 Nitinat Lk, Kitesurfing
     Saturday September 9, 2023 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Nitinat Lk, Kitesurfing WSW 12 - 18
    flat and a bit swelly
    3.00 hours Ocean Rodeo Duke
    Takoon Tiki 230
    Ocean Rodeo Crave HL 12
    Ocean Rodeo Shift Bar (Gen 3) 52cm
    Last minute decision to go to the lake. I am so glad I did. The trip up and back were really low key, not a lot of traffic. Got to the lake at 11:30 and went for a walk up to the river and had the place to myself. So beautiful. I threw five stones into the river. The wind was coming and I watched as the march of whitecaps went all the way down the lake. I then grabbed my gear and setup. I didn't need my really big kite today as the 12m was lots of kite for the whole day. I did 1.5 hours on the Tiki and it was amazing. I really got a good feel for it and it is now a favourite board of mine. The one notable thing about the Tiki is how nicely it cuts through small swell and is an easy comfortable cruiser. It is not fatiguing to ride the Tiki. I came in and had some lunch and went back out for an hour on the Duke and had a blast. I could have been on a 10m but was too lazy to change kites. I was almost fully de-powered for the last session but the sun was wonderful, the lake was fun and the whole day was sublime. Another delight was to see my lovely friend Heather and share the stoke of a fantastic September day with her.

What a day........
    GPS Track: Sensational September day12:59 PM to 4:23 PM
    Moving Time02:30:01
    Planing Time 02:19:46
    Distance (km)53.3
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)17.2 / 17.1 / 15.9
    Number of Turns 87 (57% Planing)
    MAX 2023 - 16.7 kt, 87 turns, 80%TOTAL 2023 - 598 km, 34.5 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-