This Year: 91

Saturday December 9, 2023 Clover Pt, Wingfoiling
     Saturday December 9, 2023 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Clover Pt, Wingfoiling SE 15 - 25
    big macker swells
    0.50 hours Fanatic Sky Wing 5'0 75 lt
    Duotone Unit 4.0
    Me Carbon-based Lifeform 187 lb / 85 kg
    Axis Black Advanced Fuselage Crazy Short (60.0cm)
    Axis Rear Foil/Stab 365/55 Skinny
    Axis Foil HPS 1050 (1460cm2)
    Axis Alu Mast 90cm
    Well that was interesting. Chased wind in the first part of morning. Went to Clover, meh. Went to Willows, nah. Went to IV, holy shite too much for my 3m and only foil (HPS 1050 - 1400cm2). Back to Clover with a few peeps already out Windoc, BWD, Tugboat, MrN/S., all concurring 4ish was the call. Got out and there was some beauty huge swells on the outside and quite friendly/ridable compared to some of those other big SE days where you tend to stay on the inside. Had a few nice runs then couldn't get going for the life of me outbound, really struggling, didn't seem like it was dying that much! After many belated attempts in both directions and now getting quite far outside and downwind I realize my handles are squishing into the strut!! Shit I've got a slow leak going. Quickly made the decision to head for the beach, any beach, on a very challenging knee shclog with big swells and crappy soft noodle wing. After a looong knee schlog, with many dismounts, made it to just before Finlayson Pt (west of Cook St stairs) and more importantly got to the beach (high tide - no beach, just log city) before the death log munching machine that was occuring in the corner of the point. A fun(not) derig high up in the beach log mess, then tightrope log walking to Cook St stairs to finally make it up on to the top wallkway, only another 15 minute walk back to the car at Clover. Got to watch everyone on my walk back from up on the high bank, a dozen wingers out there today, looked like they were having fun! I'm done for the day!
    GPS Track: EmbarrasingSlowBladderLeak12:49 PM to 1:59 PM
    Moving Time00:41:09
    Foiling Time 00:13:41
    Distance (km) 7.2
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)18.1 / 18.1 / 15.9
    Number of Turns 17 (76% Foiling)
    MAX 2023 - 18.4 kt, 153 turns, 98%TOTAL 2023 - 1420 km, 79.8 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-