Total Records: 581
    This Year: 13

Thursday June 27, 2024 Long Beach, Windsurfing
     Thursday June 27, 2024 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Long Beach, Windsurfing N 5 - 15
    playful waves
    1.50 hours Fanatic Freewave 116
    Ezzy Taka 5.3
    Hip. Decided to head over to the island one day early. Highway was shut down in the aftermath of a midnight head-on accident. After being parked on the highway for a couple of hours made it to the ferry terminal and my 6:30 am sailing had turned into a 8:00 am sailing. I was very thankful that they delayed the departure to wait for the people trapped on the highway.

Arrived at Long Beach about 2 pm to two kites and one wing playing in what looked like steady wind and some playful set waves. Flooding low tide of 1.6 m to 2.1 m. Once out on the water the wind was more onshore than I had realized and it made for some work to stay up wind and the wind wave angle made wrapping frontside harder. Still fun and had enough power at times to hit a nice hip jump on the way out and power through a planing duck jibe on the inside! Left side was pretty tender with the fading shingles rash and sized up from medium to large harness to relieve the pain (and it helped). Thankful to get out and I was right in opting out of south Oregon last week as I could barely manage a gentle session at Long Beach! Warm solar shower and parking lot dinner on the beach! Oceanside campsite!

Gallery (to view as a slideshow click on the screen icon top right
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-