Total Records: 596
    This Year: 28

Sunday July 21, 2024 Nitinat Lk, Windsurfing
     Sunday July 21, 2024 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Nitinat Lk, Windsurfing NW 12 - 28
    rolling chop
    2.00 hours Goya Custom 3 Thruster 92
    Ezzy Taka 4.5
    Blasting. Early morning pressure squalls and light rain made it look like maybe the thermal wasn't going to happen, but it did! Late start but the peak of the wind was solid ' stronger than yesterday with some nice swell and ramps starting to push down near the cove in the windsurfing area. Started on demo free race gear ' Goya Bolt 107 and Mark X Freerace 6.2. Super fun set-up ' frighteningly fast and just keeps spoiling up if you have the nerve to keep the power on! A little unnerving a first then felt more and more comfortable as I got it tuned for me (tighter footstraps, harness lines closer together and more forward, mast foot forward a touch). Tacks started out wet and ended up dry. Gybes were working too once I remembered to open up the radius and slow down all the mechanics. I had some rides today that felt like they were fastest I have ever had! Sailed up and around the island. Almost dry ' thought I had it but a deep lull in the windshadow of the island got me wet! Played around out front and further down by the cove. I spent a lot of time on race gear when I was younger and Goya has this stuff figure out ' super fast, but very easy going and playful! Crazy how stable the freerace gear was in the building wind and building chop! Then switched off to 4.5/92 Thruster and was fully powered! Super fun using the contrasting gear back-to-back! Thanks Jesse/Dirty Mermaid (shop)! Sunset dinner on the beach, short propane campfire and early to bed again! Another full day!

Gallery (to view as a slideshow click on the screen icon top right)
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-