This Year: 45

Monday August 5, 2024 Clover Pt, Kitesurfing
     Monday August 5, 2024 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Clover Pt, Kitesurfing SW 16 - 18
    a bit choppy
    0.80 hours Ocean Rodeo Duke 3 5'4"
    Ocean Rodeo Crave HL 12
    Ocean Rodeo Shift Bar (Gen 3) 52cm
    I saw the wind come up earlier than forecast and headed down. I was the only kiter but there was a band of hostile looking locals (seagulls) resting where I usually setup. Fortunately, they moved off when I pulled the 12m out of the bag. I waffled about using my big kite but it seemed strong enough and I figured/hoped it would build some more. I self-launched and as I headed down the boat ramp I again thought that I should have pumped the bigger kite. I dragged out off the reef and with the first power stroke it was clear that the 12m was plenty of kite, at least for a short time. I had a nice but short session as the wind did start to lull significantly after about 30 minutes. I also did have a hard time with tack turns and foot changes as the wind kept easing during the session. Still I feel great about this session because it is my 3rd session this long weekend and it is also my 300th session log on bigwavedave.ca. I also had a charming experience on the point as I was talking to Simon, after my session, an older lady came up to us and asked who owned the blue kite. I said it was mine and she told me that she and her husband see me kiting often at Clover and that I am so much fun to watch and take pictures of. I am not sure that she was able to specifically identify me as quite a few of us have the Crave HL kites but I was nonetheless flattered and thanked her. I am also so thankful for the community on this site and all the great people I have met through kitesurfing and through this website. Still stoked!
    GPS Track: HITS Summer in the City 202408052:28 PM to 3:09 PM
    Moving Time00:33:17
    Planing Time 00:27:13
    Distance (km)10.0
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)15.3 / 15.3 / 13.8
    Number of Turns 11 (64% Planing)
    MAX 2024: 16.8 kt, 72 turns, 83%TOTAL 2024: 710 km, 40.0 hours
    MAX: 18.5 kt, 136 turns, 84%TOTAL: 2,251 km, 123 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-