Total Records: 594
    This Year: 26

Thursday August 29, 2024 Oceanside, Windsurfing
     Thursday August 29, 2024 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Oceanside, Windsurfing NW 14 - 22
    chest high + chop
    1.50 hours Fanatic Freewave 116
    Ezzy Taka 5.3
    North. Took my time cooking French Toast at the campsite and arrived at South Jetty State Park around noon to find Dan. He said most of the other were headed to Oceanside as there wasn't much wind forecast for Newport today. Thanks for the reminder that Newport is central Oregon and not north Oregon! Silly me. Slight delay while I retrieved my tent then two hour north along the spectacular coast! Another reminder that Oregon is huge! First time to Oceanside and what a treat it is! We got sideshore wind, but was told it can be side-off. Reminded me of Long Beach with steadier wind. Swell was small, but there were rides to be had. Glad I got on it early as the sets were cleaner and easier to find. Big gear needed (5.3/116 for me). Some wavesailing on the inside and windsurfing on the outside. This was a great cool-down session to cap off my Oregon trip!

Gutted that my USB got corrupted and lost most of the windsport pictures from the trip as it felt like I got some good shots of the others sailing Newport and Oceanside. Oh well, better to have got the sessions and lost the pictures rather than the other way around.

Mini Gallery (lost some files dues to corrupted USB) to view as a slideshow click on the screen icon top right
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-