Wednesday October 2, 2024 Ross Bay, Wingfoiling
     Wednesday October 2, 2024 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Ross Bay, Wingfoiling WSW 10 - 15
    1-3'
    1.50 hours Fanatic Sky Wing 5'0 75 lt
    Gong Neutra Team Ed 5.5m
    Me Carbon-based Lifeform 187 lb / 85 kg
    Axis Rear Foil/Stab 365/55 Skinny
    Axis Black Advanced Fuselage Crazy Short (60.0cm)
    Axis Foil HPS 1050 (1460cm2)
    Axis Alu Mast 90cm
    Looked like a few peeps still out on the water for the late afternoon session, so decided to join in. Was very light on arrival, rigged big and schlogged out to about halfway before getting on foil. Once up had many kelp and/or wood takedowns, but finally got into a groove and was having a great time on some surprisingly good waves. Everyone seemed to have given up and it was just me for a while and MF4 who was screwing around having trouble getting going...I finally realized he was without his board trying to wingdrag in. Cruised by and he said his board was in toward the beach, so I went to get it. Got to it and it was on the edge of the kelp wall, however there was no board leash or even the connection loop on the board. Luckily I had a short piece of line to extend my wing leash so I began to undo my leash to use on his board as point to tow from using my board leash ( I would go unattached to my board as I towed his with my board leash). By the time i had re-arranged all the lines and leashes, I had become entangled deep into the kelp forest. I guess this was all apparent to Mike B and some others from the hill and Mike came out prone paddling his board. We decided it would be easier for him to tow Morley's board out to him than for me to try and foil schlog it out to him. Mike got it out to Morley, by this time Angelico had suited up again and was coming out to help too. I got out of the kelp and foiling again, however got taken down one last time on the final run in to the beach by the weasel kelp lurking just at foil depth and not easily visible. A final short paddle in. Everyone was back to the beach safely.
    GPS Track: RescueRangers4:16 PM to 5:49 PM
    Moving Time01:01:14
    Foiling Time 00:44:19
    Distance (km)15.1
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)13.2 / 13.0 / 12.4
    Number of Turns 41 (78% Foiling)
    MAX 2024: 18.9 kt, 182 turns, 100%TOTAL 2024: 1,622 km, 93.1 hours
    MAX: 18.9 kt, 187 turns, 100%TOTAL: 4,204 km, 248 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-