This Year: 52

Wednesday October 23, 2024 Clover Pt, Kitesurfing
     Wednesday October 23, 2024 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Clover Pt, Kitesurfing SW 16 - 22
    bobbing and chopping
    0.80 hours Ocean Rodeo Duke
    Ocean Rodeo Crave HL 10
    Ocean Rodeo Shift Bar (Gen 3) 52cm
    What a lovely day! Bluebird sky and descent westerly winds greeted my arrival. It was quite busy on the point and I had to vulture park between setting up gear and putting on my wetsuit. There were 3 or 4 kites out when I self-launched, the tide was high and the beach was full of everything that the ocean could puke up ( I saw a Kinder egg and some shoes :-0). The area right by the ramp on the windward side was too gnarly for me so I tip-toed along the beach and made a start further upwind. The ocean was doing a long, daylight hours high tide and was properly bobbing and chopping. I was able to get upwind despite the wind being kind of funky; it was good and then not good and then gusty and then lulling. I never really got my groove on even though I enjoyed myself. I have been doing some kettle bell work outs recently and did one yesterday. So today, my legs felt like lead and I had a hell of time with foot changes and tacks. The funky wind and high tide bobbing and chopping did not make it any easier. Nonetheless, I love the fact that I can blast down from home in 15 minutes and be able to kite at an extraordinary spot on a gorgeous windy fall afternoon. Blessed! Good to see all the usual young kiting chaps (who do not sadly post logs here) out and nice to see Jim taking a session too.
    GPS Track: Octoberfest at Clover 202410233:17 PM to 4:01 PM
    Moving Time00:35:30
    Planing Time 00:24:24
    Distance (km) 9.7
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)15.7 / 15.6 / 14.4
    Number of Turns 14 (21% Planing)
    MAX 2024: 21.5 kt, 101 turns, 83%TOTAL 2024: 1,049 km, 57.6 hours
    MAX: 21.5 kt, 136 turns, 84%TOTAL: 2,591 km, 141 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-