Search found 8 matches

by Ozz
Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:05 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: It's really only windy
Replies: 0
Views: 672

It's really only windy

I was checking out Punta Cana so I looked at the weather link. First thing I thought was "You would think there would be a lunatic on a windsurf board out there" http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=12451&from=36hr_outlet_video Course you gotta look at the ads first :evil:
by Ozz
Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:25 pm
Topic: Beginner equipment advice
Replies: 23
Views: 5817

Thanks for the feed back I have made a desision (being at work has left me lots of time to think) I am going to get a big sail so I can get out in the mediocre winds that seem to prevail hereabouts. Duckbill is right about the rigging. I suspect my rig is not right yet. My learn to windsurf in your ...
by Ozz
Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Got my measuring tape out today and one harness line was within 2 inches of 1/3 of the boom length the other is a little farther forward Kinda hard to adjust the things while balancing in the waves. :wink: Interesting enough the Cuy Cribb is the guy giving lessons in Venezuela in Feb ; coincidence I ...
by Ozz
Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:33 pm

Oh yeah I will remember 8) My brain was saying steer! my hands were saying bail! my sphinctor was saying...well never mind that but my feet were not listening to any of it and in the end the decision was out of my control. Question now is can I ever go out in low winds again? Good to know that Kuz ...
by Ozz
Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Ack! Sorry More force It must have been the bump on the knoggin this afternoon (Nothing at all to do with anything that may have happened in the 60's and 70's and...) Bungee thing is a great idea I will build one before next days off. Truth is I just moved here and really dont know anyone so I just ...
by Ozz
Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks Morewind. I think you may be right I took the board to Kamloops lake today because the weather network said 16mph winds and I was able to finally get it planing. It was very gusty and I was sheeting in and out trying to stay upright but finally got onto a full plane (your right there is a ...
by Ozz
Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 pm

Thanks for the quick reply The board is suposed to be early planing they say :? but it is huge. The lake is gusty for sure I head to the okanagan lake when the weather thing says there is wind there but it is always dying when I get there it seems. I work 4 x 4 shifts so a trip to Nitinat is in the ...
by Ozz
Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Beginner equipment advice

Hi. I took up windsurfing about 2 months ago thinking that Nicola lake was a prime windsurfing location but so far have only managed to meet 3 others on the lake so I am suffering from lack of advice (2 were novices and the 3rd was anxious to get sailing so I diddnt ask too many questions) So I ...