Search found 12 matches

by flash
Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:25 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Port Alberni Inlet Windsports
Replies: 21
Views: 5698

Port Alberni presentations

You can contact the City Clerk through the "City of Port Alberni " webpage via e-mail , or use the contact information there to phone,mail etc. Regarding the question about more the merrier ---yes I think the more input from all of you will acheive more results.You could get together and d...
by flash
Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am

Presenting to City Council

Thanks Eastside --if you wish to appear as an individual or group just drop a line first to our City Clerk at the above contact #'s--then he can put you on the agenda for a date that is convenient to you. This is a very simple matter (appearing before Council) but a personal appearance can make a hu...
by flash
Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Port Alberni weather station and wind

I second Dave's encouragement for people to contact me regarding your interest not only in the weather station but our inlet in general.In addition any letters you might send to City Council in this regard could help create changes to favour wind-surfing/kite-surfing etc. here. This is your chance t...
by flash
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Port Alberni Inlet Windsports

Hello everyone--just a note to all of you who wish to see Port Alberni develop better waterfront access and more amenities for windsports: Now is the time to make your wishes known to the local governing bodies there such as the City,Port Authority and First Nations.I am a City Councillor with the C...
by flash
Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm
Topic: Port Alberni-as a Windsurfing Destination
Replies: 29
Views: 6380

Wind all day at Port today

The wind started in the top of the inlet today---- blowing 9 knots at 0500 and has just kept growing all day long.Nice to hear the comments about China Creek---perhaps we cpuld get the Port Authority to have a web cam there in addition to the Harbour Quay ? Any more visitors to the Polly's Point are...
by flash
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:15 pm
Topic: Port Alberni Opportunities -- an invitation for your input
Replies: 16
Views: 5312

Port Alberni Opportunities -- an invitation for your input

This is just one more call for anyone wishing to form a group representing the windsport community to have input regarding the Port Alberni Inlet.
Squamish has a Society ,perhaps something similar could be developed here?
Thanks ,
John

johndouglasportalberni.ca
by flash
Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 pm

One other question --- If the windsports community had everything they desired regarding amenities and access to the waterfront here in Port Alberni,how would you rate the top of the inlet simply for its quality(predictable wind,strength etc.) as a windsurfing spot?How would it compare with other de...
by flash
Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Port Alberni-as a Windsurfing Destination

Is anyone aware of any community where they have successfully engineered (ie designed from scratch) a beach specifically for windsports?If so could you please pass it on to me?

Thanks ,
John
by flash
Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks again everyone for your interest. I discussed this today with our economic development manager ---Pat Deakin.Pat is looking forward to hearing from all of you and then he can report your interest to the City Council. We have an opportunity here to create (from scratch basically and with your ...
by flash
Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks for the input to date ---please keep it coming. One person asked how formal a response to make----the best route would be a letter (outlining your goals as well as the benefits a windsurfing community could bring) to City Council via our City Clerk -- Mr. Russell Dyson. A similar letter to th...
by flash
Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 pm

If you feel Port Alberni could provide a great windsurfing locale with some improvements in the way of beach access and amenities please send your suggestions to me,John Douglas,City Councillor,at our City Hall.You can do this via our city website (google the City of Port Alberni), or phone 250-720-...
by flash
Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 pm
Topic: TC Port Alberni Wind Article Today - FYI
Replies: 10
Views: 2167

For those of you who have read the Port Alberni Times article regarding beach access for water sports activities,I am hoping to attract your participation.I am attempting to develop our waterfront here.Please feel free to contact me via my e-mail of jmdouglas56@hotmail.com or via the City of Port Al...