Search found 7 matches

by buconero
Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Charity Kiting Event - April 2013
Replies: 3
Views: 1795

Charity Kiting Event - April 2013

Hi, everyone: A group of 4 Parksville kiters is organizing a closed charity kite event, all proceeds going directly Children's Miracle Network Please note, due to support logistics and safety considerations this can not be an open entry event, number of registered participants has to be strictly lim...
by buconero
Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 pm
Topic: Royal Victoria Kite Race
Replies: 57
Views: 17707

kite race

Yeahhh...not sure if I could retain 156 pages of race rules on a week's notice even if my life depended on it :D Guess I'll just stay out of everyone's way, content with bringing up the rear, collecting a participant's ribbon and enjoying being out on the water as part of the show
by buconero
Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:09 am

kite race

Unfortunately, having the mandatory pre-race meeting set two days before the actual race will kill participation for many out-of-towners such as myself. Having a job to attend to, I can't find the time to go down to Vic from Parksville on Tue, then on Thursday, and again possibly on Friday - and I'm...
by buconero
Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:38 am

Kite Race link

The link to download the registration form is not active...or is it just me?
by buconero
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:43 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 149373

Kiting safety

After windsurfing for over 15 years I am now a kiting newbie. Here are my 2 cents: Working for 25 years professionally with 'dangerous' industrial woodworking machinery, and still having all my 10 fingers and other appendages, has taught me valuable things about kiting as well: - never, ever get com...
by buconero
Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:26 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 87518

Wind Model

Quite invaluable, use it daily. Would be a shame to see it disappear :-(
by buconero
Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:18 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: New to Kiting?
Replies: 29
Views: 7878

Puerto Albernio

Really excited about the goings on in P.A.
Noticed the WWW float was taken in, probably to keep it safe during the winter, but when is Wild West Watersports planning on going operational in Spring 2011?