Search found 10 matches

by Glenda
Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:46 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Travel Trivia
Replies: 26
Views: 5275

Cabo

Mark and I were just down in Cabo (I had to go there for business) this summer for a week. It was horrible - and this was during the off season. Every step you took on the streets or the boardwalk you were accosted by someone trying to sell you something. The restaurants are great and I imagine the ...
by Glenda
Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:48 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: The News Years dip and sip(hot chocolate?)
Replies: 64
Views: 13883

I picked up some extra cutlery, plates, cups and bowls as well as bags of not-so-healthy snacks and beverages. I will try and remember to throw my camp stove in tomorrow as well. Do we have a meeting time? Morley, great suggestion about the van . . . but I don't think I'm going to find the time befo...
by Glenda
Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:58 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: The News Years dip and sip(hot chocolate?)
Replies: 64
Views: 13883

Kus if I take the seats out of my van I can likely fit the heat lamp in but you would have to transport one of my offspring - I live in Gordon Head close on Tremblay (close to Ash & Torquay) so I am not far. I can grab some chips and pop to contribute - should I grab some cold beverage cups as w...
by Glenda
Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:47 pm
Topic: Sewage Treatment - Do we need it?
Replies: 59
Views: 11134

See page A5 of today's Saanich News for more information on this subject. Apparently bacteria and solid waste are not the only problems - heavy metal (not the music) is also at abnormal levels.
by Glenda
Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:03 pm
Topic: Sauna History at Nitinat
Replies: 6
Views: 1832

But please, please don't remove until after Saturday night . . .
by Glenda
Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:45 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kite surfing Victoria.local history:
Replies: 9
Views: 2348

I agree with Martin - Mark had no hidden agenda trying the kite at Nitinat. On another note - with the thread of the original kite prototypes - when I was dating Mark he told me many stories about the Victoria group's original kite designs - Canadian tire tarps and even bars with pop-bottles duct-ta...
by Glenda
Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:23 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Dark side
Replies: 16
Views: 5055

Very funny . . . it kind of worked
by Glenda
Tue May 31, 2005 10:07 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Nitinat 2005 - trip #5 - May 27 to May 30th
Replies: 3
Views: 1565

Actually Bobson . . . it was only one song but I play so badly it sounds different every time . . .
by Glenda
Tue May 17, 2005 8:11 am
Topic: Children's wetsuits
Replies: 5
Views: 1351

Children's wetsuits

I just spent the weekend in Tofino with my 7 and 9 year old. I rented wetsuits for them (4-3-2) and had them "surfing". They loved it, I loved it (because I could go out guilt free since they were also having fun). The problem is . . . now I would really like to buy them wetsuits so I can ...
by Glenda
Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:09 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Women's Windsurfing Clinic
Replies: 16
Views: 4658

Board for use

Hi Rob,

You are welcome to borrow the Start board that I bought for the children. I would love to see more women in the sport!