Search found 130 matches

by rocdoc
Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:55 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Jordan River is UP FOR SALE
Replies: 137
Views: 28288

JR Update Oct 05, 2007 Oct 02 - Otter Point Shirely Rate Payers Association Pastadude, me and a few other surfers attended a meeting of about 150 people. WFP lands sale not discussed because of specific meeting on other topics, but the issue was recognised and aspecial WFP Lands for Sale meeting an...
by rocdoc
Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:33 pm

Thought I should add a little perspective to the above post. I did not expect an instant resolution of this issue so don't be disappointed there isn't one. We have Keith Martin and John Horgan on our side and working for us on this issue. They have been impressed by the number of emails and phone ca...
by rocdoc
Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:12 pm

Update on Results of Meeting with Dr. Keith Martin (MP) and John Horgan (MLA) 1. I and another surfer/WFP employee with 30 years experience at JR met with Martin/Horgan today. 2. Martin/Horgan were concerned about the impact of the WFP land sales on the Shirley/JR community. They were also concerne...
by rocdoc
Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:05 pm

Thanks Dave. Lots about JR in the Sooke News Mirror today including front page story, letter to editor and editorial. Editor recommends WFP do the right thing and give back some of the crown grant lands they got for free. Also received copy's of emails sent to politicians by some of the surf shops (...
by rocdoc
Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:24 pm

Thanks for the support guys.

I have asked to address the meeting for five minutes. Apparently, it has to passed by "resolution of the commission" before I know if I will be able to speak.

Anyway, I will be attending and hoping to contribute.
by rocdoc
Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:20 am

Appreciate it Rob. There is one place that any endorsements for JR campsite have to be sent before Sept 30. Thats to wmiller@crd.bc.ca. She is administrator for Juan de Fuca Parks and needs to receive requests for JR campsite to be included in JDF Parks acquistion list. See typical request in previo...
by rocdoc
Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:46 am

Penquin/Waxfoot - Thanks for cross-posting to BC Surfing Forum.

All surfers/windsurfers/kiters/kayakers/etc - This is your opportunity to do something now that will give you years of stoke and that your kids will thank you for (when they are old enough to appreciate it!).
by rocdoc
Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:36 am

Here is a flier which Kevin Cook has asked me to post: URGENT! STOP THE $ALE OF JORDAN RIVER! EMAIL OR CALL YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS NOW ·BC MINISTER OF THE ENVIRONMENT AND PARKS, env.minister@gov.bc.ca, 387 – 1187 *ASK THE MINISTER TO PURCHASE JORDAN RIVER FOR BC PARKS BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE! ·BC MLA (...
by rocdoc
Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:49 pm

I strongly recommend you also send the above or similar responses to the following: BC Minister of Environment: Barry Penner BC MLA Juan de Fuca: John Horgan Federal MP: Dr. Keith Martin CRD Juan de Fuca Region Director: Eric Lund Find email addresses off their web sites
by rocdoc
Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:45 pm

I have attached a typical response, as follows. Modify as you need to. Re: Jordan River campsite. The Jordan River campsite is used intensively by surfers/windsurfers, kayakers, campers, RV users, and birdwatchers. Small fishing boats can be launched into the river as well. The campsite is also used...
by rocdoc
Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:02 pm

JR For Sale Update Re: Proposed Juan de Fuca Electoral Area Community Parks Plan Juan de Fuca Parks Commission are requesting public comment before 30 September (end of month). They have identified Jordan River Campsite as one of dozens of potential acquisitions. Electronic copies of the draft parks...
by rocdoc
Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:13 pm
Topic: Dry suit for surfing!
Replies: 22
Views: 5515

See what you started Penguin. Glad to hear you are happy with your suit. I have known some of the principle guys at OR for over 25 years and I have confidence in their ability to create quality products. Despite the improvements to all wetsuits over the years they still transmit alot of heat from yo...
by rocdoc
Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:35 am

The reason for my suspsions was because the same message was posted on three different web sites under the three different names: bigwave dave - posted by "Penguin" BC surfing - posted by "waxfoot" OR site - posted by "Gareth T" With links, as you say, to the OR website...
by rocdoc
Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:03 am

Is somebody going to call these guys on their blatant advertising. This is the third time in different forums I have read the same "review". The text of the review is almost identical. Come-on, be a little more imaginative. I am not passing judgement on the product, but I would have more f...
by rocdoc
Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:36 am

I agree MF4.
I wasn't passing judgement on the legal right of the Crown to grant the land in the mid 1880's. I was simply stating that this is what was done.