I get it now. Some one pass the popcorn
by Kalena
Sun May 22, 2016 11:30 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Waves & right of way
Replies: 12
Views: 4174

rightoway

I'm confused. As a new SUP wave rider, what do you do when some one is waving you in on a SUP? Do you A: Pause and wonder to yourself if they are waving you in to ride the wave? B: Abort mission soon as they wave to avoid possible fatality? C: Hold your ground till they will veer off at the last sec...
by Kalena
Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:09 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Naish Board found at Goose spit
Replies: 0
Views: 699

Naish Board found at Goose spit

Found a Naish Board at Goose spit today. Its black and red. It was floating out into the lagoon so I carried it back in to shore. I put it in the right beach corner where the road turns. I left it in the high grassy/shrub area above the tide line and kept kiting. The wind was too good to waste time ...
by Kalena
Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:11 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Kiteoween 2015 Augsut 30th
Views: 1260

Kiteoween 2015 Augsut 30th

Its the 6th annual costume day for kiters at the Squamish Spit! There are always many Kiteoween Prize categories. Which one will you choose?! Funniest Costume: Sexiest Costume: Best Character Costume: * plays a role and stays in character for duration of event Best Female kiter Costume: Best Couple ...
by Kalena
Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:26 am
Topic: Kiteoween 2015 - Squamish Spit
Replies: 6
Views: 2937

Kiteoween 2015 - Squamish Spit

ITS ON!! Kiteoween 2015 Sunday August 30th at the Squamish spit. 12pm to 4pm Prizes for best kiters in costumes. Check out the new website: http://www.kiteoween.ca Many kiter costume titles being held that are up for challenges... you know who you are!! Its going to be SICK! (in a good way of course...
by Kalena
Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:09 pm
Topic: Old kite arts and crafts?
Replies: 10
Views: 2644

Kite recycle indeed

CTK wrote:What brand? Im sure my GF maybe interested....
KALENA

https://www.facebook.com/mataicanada

Shes looking for some OR kites if you know of any around..
I am interested indeed Red Baron :)
by Kalena
Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 am
Topic: Kiteoween Squamish - the 5th anniversary party!
Replies: 2
Views: 940

Kiteoween 2014 cancelled - Boo!

We are very disappointed to announce that due to bad weather Kiteoween will be cancelled this year (moans and cries of sorrow). Thank you to all our Sponsors and dedicated kiters who continue to make the travel to Squamish in support of our local Kiteboarding event!! ( applause and praises of joy!) ...
by Kalena
Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:45 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Kiteoween 2014 Squamish
Replies: 1
Views: 1083

Kiteoween 2014 Squamish

Kiteoween 2014 marks the 5th anniversary of this hilarious costume event. Its a complete gag and a hilarious time where kiters get dressed up in costumes to compete in an all out throw down session of big air and freestyle to win prizes donated by some wicked Sponsors. its different from other compe...
by Kalena
Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:45 pm
Topic: Kiteoween Squamish - the 5th anniversary party!
Replies: 2
Views: 940

Kiteoween Squamish - the 5th anniversary party!

Kiteoween 2014 marks the 5th year of kiteboarding in costumes. Its the one event where the points don't matter in a non serious freestyle competition in costumes. An all out gag of party in the name of camaraderie and fellowship in our amazing sport!! August the 31st falls on a Sunday, so if your pl...
by Kalena
Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 pm
Topic: Found! North Bar and Lines at Willows
Views: 710

Found! North Bar and Lines at Willows

I was informed of a bar and lines North* found yesterday at Willows beach. The person who found it wrapped it up and left it under the rocks just beach side of the most southern lamp post closest to the park, adjacent to Surfside apartments. It's only visible from the shore not the side walk. Hope w...