Search found 20 matches

by Yukon-eh!
Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:26 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Thieves at Nitinat!
Replies: 26
Views: 7163

I think most video cams have a night vision setting. I tried my old Sony Hi-8 cam 3 or 4 years ago in a pitch black room and sure enough, it gives a clear picture of everything in the room, just with a greenish tint. Leave an old video cam, that has this feature, hidden and running and leave some ...
by Yukon-eh!
Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:40 pm
Topic: How to adjust extension
Replies: 2
Views: 1029

I just read the fine print on the NP extension, which says to never pull the adjustment ring off the side of the extension. Glad I didn't do that...don't want to wreck the thing the day before my camping trip. Also, on the NP website someone said that the rubber o-ring is just to keep the metal band ...
by Yukon-eh!
Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:27 pm
Topic: How to adjust extension
Replies: 2
Views: 1029

How to adjust extension

Hi there I just got my new board and rig. The 28 cm extension I got seems to have a much less convenient adjustment system than the old Fleetwood I had before, which just had a small pin which could be put through one of the pairs of holes in the extension. But this one, a Neil Pryde XT-28 aluminum ...
by Yukon-eh!
Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:03 pm
Topic: Regripping a boom
Replies: 11
Views: 2665

Comin down there for a few days in September, KUS. Will see if there is any windsurfing stuff for sale that I can't live without.
Ross
by Yukon-eh!
Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:11 pm

Hey Kus. It's getting close to a third. Just bought a new Start M (with a small, lightweight starter rig for getting my wife hooked right away). Can't afford a new boom at this point. Just want the old one to work for a season or so. By the way, I also got a Powerex Extendo so I can use that old ...
by Yukon-eh!
Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:40 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Island Ga$ Prices Suck!
Replies: 16
Views: 4478

Just hit 107.9 here in Whitehorse. No PST though. :)
by Yukon-eh!
Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:39 pm
Topic: Boom Bra
Replies: 12
Views: 2996

Good idea, Bean.
by Yukon-eh!
Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:36 pm
Topic: Tips for keeping sand at bay?
Replies: 3
Views: 1258

Really in the Yukon! :o There's lots of lakes here. Some big and windy, too. But to tell the truth I haven't windsurfed here yet. Will have a new Start M in a few days. I've made a couple of totally unsuccessfull attempts with an old Fanatic Bat. Figure I'll have a much better chance of success with ...
by Yukon-eh!
Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:14 pm
Topic: Tips for keeping sand at bay?
Replies: 3
Views: 1258

Tips for keeping sand at bay?

What tips do you guys have for keeping sand out of the mast connection and out of the base of the extension when rigging? I was thinking of maybe staking out a tarp. Also when packing everything up. Last time I ended up just packing everything wet and sandy in the back of my truck and then spreading ...
by Yukon-eh!
Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:50 am

Thanks for the advice guys. My wife is only 5’ tall so that would put the boom very close to the nose, and if there is a young kid using the board the boom could be lower still. So for the sake of $10, I’m gonna get a boom bra to keep the EVA looking good. And like you say, Russian Guy, the Start has ...
by Yukon-eh!
Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:28 pm

Well the board is a brand new Start, so I guess it can go braless. I assume the Deviator is for the protection of boards that are really moving in high winds and chop. I'm a beginner and my wife is a complete beginner. So it's probably not necessary for the impacts that we'll experience for a while ...
by Yukon-eh!
Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:58 pm

Boom Bra

Is a Boom Bra something that fits over the part of the boom that attaches to the mast. I'm just wondering if I should get one to fit over my old boom so it doesn't damage the surface of my nice new board. Is that the intended purpose of the boom bra?

Thanks
Ross
by Yukon-eh!
Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:44 pm

Thanks guys. I'm gonna give it a shot. I couldn't find anyone locally who carries Progrip, but I'm ordering some foam strips that will do the trick.
by Yukon-eh!
Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:22 am

Regripping a boom

Hi all
The grip on my boom has been worn off in several spots on the outside edges. Does anyone know what materials and adhesive I could use to regrip it?
Thanks
Ross
by Yukon-eh!
Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 pm
Topic: Newbie mast extension and base dilemma
Views: 2887

UPDATE!!: I just measured my '460' mast and you were right; someone has shortened it at some point to 444.5 cm. No wonder the sails weren't fitting. I guess it may have been damaged at the base in the past?

Won't need those sails now, KUS. Thanks anyway. Gonna have to rethink this whole thing.