Search found 5 matches

by skimtim
Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: PV mexico lessons?
Replies: 2
Views: 862

I took kite boarding lessons from a school in San Carlos, Mexico last fall during a 3 month RV tour of that coast. i don't think there is anyone doing lessons in PV and certainly not in Mazatlan either. Be aware that this area is open ocean with a serious groundswell making for big waves on any long...
by skimtim
Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Topic: Wetsuit vs Drysuit ?
Replies: 9
Views: 2299

Thanks for all the input. Yes, my drysuit is about 6 years old - not a diving suit - its a BARE recreational thing - it works fine for winter waterskiing - I've been in Elk Lake in December and taken spills without failure so maybe it's OK for spring boarding around here. I still need booties and a ...
by skimtim
Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:51 pm
Topic: Found Backpack - January 21st - Millstream Road
Views: 899

the system works!!
i put an ad in the TC and the next day i got a call. From the Dad - his 15 year old kid lost the pack off the back of the car.

Happy Ending
by skimtim
Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:32 pm
Topic: Found Backpack - January 21st - Millstream Road
Views: 899

Found Backpack - January 21st - Millstream Road

Maybe not the right venue.....but....you never know! On Saturday morning - enroute to Mt Wash at 6:30 am I stopped to pick up a loaded backpack laying in the middle of the road (had to swerve to miss it). Contents: snowboard gear including helmet/ gloves/ pants/ goggles etc - also had contact lense ...
by skimtim
Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:23 pm
Topic: Wetsuit vs Drysuit ?
Replies: 9
Views: 2299

Wetsuit vs Drysuit ?

Learned to kite in Mexico in November - need to buy my own gear. I plan to spend time at Island View, especially during Spring/Summer. I need advice on what works best in cold winter water. I own a drysuit that I've used for waterskiing but am ready to buy something better. Asking for opinions. Than...