Search found 17 matches

by craig myers
Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:34 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Seattle accident
Replies: 4
Views: 1556

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/336249_kiteboarder20.html this lesson hurts, a lot. a borrowed 7m sle, launching in the wrong area and almost biting it. then losing the board on the 1st reach and having trouble controlling the kite while recovering it... this talented sailor should have been tal...
by craig myers
Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:13 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Windfest 2007 - Feedback Thread
Replies: 16
Views: 4450

The trees. That is what sticks in my memory of this place. Giant enormous silent creatures overlooking everything. That, and waking up to the sound of a birds wings over my tent sunday morning. I just want to say thanks to all the windsurfers for putting up with us kiters, you were here first, and I...
by craig myers
Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:02 am
Topic: Is winter sailing really worth it?
Replies: 22
Views: 4622

Winter sailing builds character and hones your kite skills. These storms are like living creatures suspended in vapor and pressure. You sail it, and other times it sails you. I just love being out there with all that energy and unpredictability. It makes the steady winds of the spring and summer muc...
by craig myers
Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:24 pm
Topic: Mako Review
Replies: 11
Views: 2662

This thng is different. It really is. Nothing else out there like it. I've put about 40 hours on this thing so far and its still revealing abilitys to me that just make me smile. If you need just one board for all conditions, this baby could be it. But the stuff this board likes the most is the crap...
by craig myers
Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:44 am
Topic: Mako Review
Replies: 11
Views: 2662

The mako is a very interesting board. The outline seems a bit retro, but the bottom is pure rocket science. I haven't riden anything else since I bought mine 3 months ago, I want to, but this board is just a great all around shape with a really good speed that is super easy to adapt to. I love to ri...
by craig myers
Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:08 pm
Topic: Photo of the week...
Replies: 0
Views: 697

Photo of the week...

So thats what a baby sassquatch looks like, did anybody get some plaster casts on the beach?

Sweeet move!
by craig myers
Mon May 29, 2006 7:29 am
Topic: Killer combo-Diablo/ Mako/ Sessions
Replies: 1
Views: 821

Killer combo-Diablo/ Mako/ Sessions

:D There is a jewel of a kite surf company right there on your beautiful island, and little water ski shop in seattle are responsible for setting me up with the best kite/ board/ harness connection I've ever experienced. Why? The diablo is fast...right up to the edge. The mako is fast and doesn't wa...
by craig myers
Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:01 pm
Topic: Another Video
Replies: 3
Views: 1258

mossdude,
your videos are cool. the music rocks. the only thing missing is negative ions and moisture on my body.
your the man, the mossman.
craig
by craig myers
Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:44 am
Topic: photo of the week
Replies: 5
Views: 1367

looking at the water and the size of the seas, I expected some faraway exotic northern location. I'm forced to reconsider my existing reality, this is right here in the NW! Wow. Island sailors are better than I thought. I am begining to worship you guys, who cares about the latest trick or grab when...
by craig myers
Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:51 pm
Topic: photo of the week
Replies: 5
Views: 1367

photo of the week

this photo of the week is amazing. i love the sea conditions, it makes the stuff down here in seattle seem like a bunny hill. where is this?
by craig myers
Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:40 pm
Topic: Good News
Replies: 0
Views: 696

Good News

last sunday, a kiter named Adam, here in seattle rescued a couple off 3-tree point. he had just put his down his kite and was in his wetsuit. both him and a photographer onshore heard screams. he found a boat at a nearby home. it took him 20 minutes of hard rowing to reach the couple in the water, t...
by craig myers
Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:46 pm
Topic: windsurfing=spiritual
Replies: 14
Views: 2981

Spiritual side

The spiritual side of windsurfing for me is the invisible force. A force you share with a craft so responsive and nimble that it is like an extension you own self. This is a force you cannot see, only the effect it has on your environment around you, the way it distorts the water, the way it moves t...
by craig myers
Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:27 am
Topic: OR sessions harness
Replies: 21
Views: 4590

Holy Cow!

I used the sessions today for the first time in 20 knots of wind with a big 20m kite. I was totally pegged. :twisted: This harness gets high marks from me. The leverage of the leg straps pulling on the waist harness above the hook line is just enough to make both parts of this harness feel light and...
by craig myers
Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:41 am

OR sessions set up

Thanks you guys for taking the mystery out of this different looking harness. I love this forum, I knew somebody up there in the Canadian wilderness was using these babys. These leg straps really take some energy then, and need to be firmly set before hanging off the kite. Does anyone attach a reel?...
by craig myers
Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:31 pm

OR Harness, next tack

Cheers, I've looked hard for one of these and had to bug people to get one, plus it cost me more than a Dakine. No one uses OR here in Seattle. Just looking for advice. After I set this harness in place like a waist harness, should I tension the leg straps hard or leave some play? Do you use it in m...