Search found 8 matches

by Brooke Finlayson
Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:22 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Jordan River is UP FOR SALE
Replies: 137
Views: 28173

Saving JR as a park

I was last nights meeting in Shirley and was really impressed with the support and interest to save Jordan River as a park while preserving the recreational sites for everyone. I was equally impressed with those who are taking a stand against big development (God forbid JR, Shirley or Jacob's Creek ...
by Brooke Finlayson
Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:08 pm
Topic: Watch Doggin' the Development at Jordan River
Replies: 18
Views: 4654

Todays Update on Jordan River

Hey All, Just wanted to give you the update on the development at Jordan River. I just got off the phone with Richard Christianson, a Fisheries Officer from DFO, and this is what he had to say... 1. First Creek: The Officer said that First Creek is not a fish bearing stream and therefore the questio...
by Brooke Finlayson
Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Posting pics of the development at Jordan River

I think that I've successfully posted some pics of the development happening at Jordan River...I think...I'm a rookie at this!

Mahalo!
:)Brooke
by Brooke Finlayson
Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:56 am

First Creek is a MESS!

As RocDoc says, First Creek is really bad. I went up yesterday with the Editor of the Sooke News Mirror, and with all the rain lately, the creek is full of silt, and now full of brown dirt that has run off the ridge around the creek. With the amount of development happening around that creek, the cr...
by Brooke Finlayson
Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:55 pm

Gettin' the low down on the Low

I've contacted a friend at DFO and have described the infractions to him, and he said that it sounds like there are grounds for someone from DFO to go in and suss it out. So I'll be contacting their office in Victoria tomorrow and sending out some emails and video footage. Although with the back up ...
by Brooke Finlayson
Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:39 am

How much is the $2 million view worth really?

As per most things that involve the environment, and especially those things that happen outside of the City of Victoria, it's been difficult to find the major players in this. I'm not going to name names (yet), but lets just say I've jumped thru too many gov't hoops, talked to too many pompous fatc...
by Brooke Finlayson
Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:45 pm

Watch Doggin' the Development at Jordan River

Have you walked the beach between Jordan River and China Beach lately? If you have, you'll notice from Rock Piles to about a kilometer down the shore, that the beach is saturated in gas and oil slick . And if you walk further, you'll notice the yellow and blue surveyor's tape in the trees, on the lo...
by Brooke Finlayson
Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:16 pm
Topic: SETAC Report on Victoria's Sewage...
Replies: 2
Views: 815

SETAC Report on Victoria's Sewage...

CALL TO ACTION for all Water People!! Just wanted to put the word out to other water people and those who use the ocean off the shores of Victoria and surrounding areas, that tomorrow July 12th, the SETAC report is being released at the CRD HQ. Listening to some windsurfers on the CBC this morning t...