Search found 11 matches

by Don_C
Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht Wind When Cloudy
Replies: 11
Views: 3855

I was at Nitinaht from Tuesday night last week to Sunday afternoon. Apparently Tuesday was good, but I arrived after dark. Wednesday and Thursday were 100% cloudy with showers, even rain sometimes, but, we kited both days in light wind, 8 to 12 knots on Wed. and about 12 to 16 on Thursday. Perfect f...
by Don_C
Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info. Sounds like we should at least get wind on a few days. I'm off to pack the camper, and will put in my foil board and 19 meter. That should ensure heavy wind :D
by Don_C
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks nanmoo. 10 or 12 knots would be just perfect for some of us. 5 of us have foil boards and light wind is good for practice. Anyone else want to chime in on the probability of higher velocity for those of the group who don't have light air equipment? Would it be worth coming over from Vancouver...
by Don_C
Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Nitinaht Wind When Cloudy

A few of us were planning to go to Nitinaht this week, starting Tuesday the 12th. Clouds are in the forecast and I'm wondering what this means for wind. The forecast is for a temperature gradient from around 17 to 19 in Tofino and 24 or 25 in Port Alberni for the rest of the week. Is this enough of ...
by Don_C
Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:29 am
Topic: First trip to Nitnat, what do I need to know?
Replies: 19
Views: 5369

Great. Thanks for the info KC7777
by Don_C
Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:21 am
Topic: First trip to Nitnat, what do I need to know?
Replies: 19
Views: 5369

Would anyone know if fuel (gasoline) is available at the Nitinaht store?

Thanks.
by Don_C
Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 pm
Topic: Nitinat road Conditions - Lake Cowichan or Port Alberni
Replies: 5
Views: 1569

Youbou it is then. Thanks
by Don_C
Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 am

Thanks for the info.
by Don_C
Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 am

Nitinat road Conditions - Lake Cowichan or Port Alberni

Heading to Nitinat on Monday. I'll be coming into Duke Point so could go via Lake Cowichan or Port Alberni. Anyone have a recent update as to which road is in better shape?
by Don_C
Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:33 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Light wind and few entries= no race
Replies: 8
Views: 2768

A bunch of us racing sorts from Vancouver are really glad you are putting this event together again. We've been looking forward to it and booking the time off. And although I can't speak for everyone, I'm pretty sure no one will mind pitching in a few dollars for the entry fee if that helps make it ...
by Don_C
Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:54 am
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 87860

I'm a kiter and a sailor. I check the site at least once a day. If a front is coming through I'll check for updates 2 or three times a day. Thank you Big Wave Dave and UofW