Paintball or DISC GOLF BWD Fundraiser?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.

Would you participate in a Paintball Fundraiser for BWD?

Yes, absolutely
73%
No, I am lame ;)
No votes
Only if it isn't windy
27%

Total votes: 11

Kite Kook

Paintball or DISC GOLF BWD Fundraiser?

Post by Kite Kook »

Hey,

I was talking to Thomas today, and the idea came of up of getting a bunch of wind users together for a (non windy) day of paintball this fall. Of course, it would be subject to wind.

I thought it would be cool to do this as a fundraiser for BWD at the same time, if there was sufficient interest.

So, who all would participate? Any suggestions?

Paul
Last edited by Kite Kook on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vive et Ama
colin

Post by colin »

i was thinking about paintball the other day
kite+waves=!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I'd support any event that would keep this site going. Not much for paintball but, hey, is there beer :?: :twisted: Another great group event might be a disc golf tourney at the Malahat course, sorry, drifting your idea a bit I suppose KK.
We also never did have our gear swap :roll: Target Spring again for that I suppose. Anyhow, I'd come, watch, laugh at yer bruises, drink beer and contribute to the fund. :wink:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Cj

Post by Cj »

Awesome idea!! i would be down for that anytime. there's nothing like shooting up your friends with paint on a non windy day.
somebody said " go fly a kite".
asscrack

Fund raiser

Post by asscrack »

I feel the same way as Kuz,I am up for a Disc Golf fund raiser.Not to keen on paintball.The gear is expensive and I allready have lots of disc's. Disc golf would be easy to organize. :roll:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

I am up for either, although I've only played each once. It was just an idea that came up from a conversation. So, yeah, I would play disc golf to raise cash for this site. I would like to add a poll option for that, but I think it's frozen now that there are responses...

Someone else would have to organize it, as I don't even know where it's played!

Cheers,
Paul
Vive et Ama
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Not saying you should and I may, if I find time, but here's the info link http://www.malahatdiscgolf.com/ Be a bit closer for our Duncan and Nanaimo contingent too :idea:

KK, I didn't mean to detract from your paintball idea, really. Just came to me as this activity is great for kids and adults alike, the pro shop is the owner's home with discs available to borrow or buy ($12-20) or you can get them at Sports Traders.
I do have 4 of them to lend but usually use a typical mid-heavy weight regular frisbee which works great for me and most others so no new stuff required as long as it's not a flimsy Crappy Tire one. Dayglo colors help to not lose it 8)

Tee fees (for unlimited play) are $5 and annual insurance also $5 (good for one year). If we said $20 for adults, $15 kids entry, we could have some prizes (Bobson, any shirts left?) AND some beers AND have a bit of cash for NotSoLoopFreeHollowBones' efforts :wink: We might also get a group deal for a bit cheaper fees. (I should point out: You can also earn 3 days of tee fees- or for your three family persons, per hour of work for Dana, trail maintenance etc. if you are short on cash)

Why not say Saturday @1100, October 7th, Rain :x or Shine :D (I've ordered 3 weeks of FirstNations Summer which should arrive around then :P ) We could even have a gearswap at the parkinglot with a BBQ, there are picnic tables. I will call up to see about a booking.

Perhaps others could indicate their interest for either activity and we can get this going :arrow:
Last edited by KUS on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!

Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Not to nix my own suggestion, but I seem to recall paintball being quite expensive. Thus, more $$$ could go to BWD if it was Disc Golf instead :)

So, I am totally behind you Kus. Now, if BWD could edit the poll question/options maybe we could get a better idea of how many would be into playing?
Vive et Ama
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I was just told Oct 7 is thanksgiving, does this impact anyone? Let us know this too maybe, if we need to move this to next weekend after, Oct 14?
KK, can you perhaps then change the paintball heading of the thread to "Disc Golf" fundraiser? 8)

I talked to Dana, she's ok either way and even has tents if it should rain, a parkinglot/field type for a swap and chairs/picnic tables. She has 2 BBQ's that would probably cook free crab or salmon quite nicely :shock: :P hint hint. I will donate some beer and food, can bring tarps for the swap, somre frisbees, groups of 4-5 playing! Perhaps the Bay Pub will donate a keg of beer :?: will work on that too. Hey, this is starting to be fun already.

So, let us know about the DATE and HOW MANY would join in.

Running Disc Golf Participants List:
Kite Kook (2?)
MF4 (3)
Asscrack (1)
Kus (5)
Wavos Rancheros (1) (but not on long weekend)
Penguin (2+) (if no conflicts)
Colin (1)
Last edited by KUS on Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Wish less, sail more!!

Mark

PAINTBALL

Post by Mark »

PAINTBALL PLEASE......
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Hey, disc golf sound good (provided its not too much like golf, which I've never played but love to hate anyway), can afford the whole fam damily to go, save money for the swap meet, still make the BWD site more $! Usually blows at least one day Thanksgiving weekend though......

Besides, paintball can land you in jail indefinitely - as happened to all those Islamic guys who liked to play from that small eastern US town, they are all in jail indefinitely as terrorists, playing paintball was the only solid evidence against them.
tom

Post by tom »

disc golf yawn.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

how about the paintballers stalk the disc golfers on the course, sort of mix it up a bit, fun for all.
asscrack

fund raiser

Post by asscrack »

Hey Downwind ,How about if you and I meet at high noon, with real guns. :twisted:
asscrack

Fundraiser

Post by asscrack »

Kuz,Great idea about having a Gear Swap and sale.And BARBEEE.Maybe a percentage of the sales could be donated.Say 10% of each item sold.I also have Disc's I can lend to anyone not having thier own. :lol: