Watch Doggin' the Development at Jordan River

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
asscrack

Jorden River up for sale.

Post by asscrack »

A rare opportunity to own property on the pristine west coast of Vancouver Island. The Shores at Jordan River is a new development just north of Victoria and Sooke on Vancouver Island. Surrounding lots are valued over $300,000. The property is set one lot back from oceanfront and boasts an ocean view, a creek bordering the property and 2.52 acres of land. The development is bordered by China Beach parkland, has outstanding surfing, fishing and kayaking within minutes walking. A network of trails connects the property with all that the area has to offer. For more information please refer to the developments website at - http://shoresatjordanriver.ca/shores.html Lot #20 is the property, it is one of the best lots in the development. Please call 604.340.4513 for more information or please reply to this posting. Private sale of assignment.

* this is in or around Vancouver Island :cry: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it's all about money. :?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
rocdoc

Post by rocdoc »

What does it mean "private sale of assignment". My understanding is that this lot and all other lots are actually not for sale and cannot be legally transferred until the subdivision has received final planning approval. The lots which have been designated as "reserved" have received a refundable deposit ($15,000) from the propsective buyers (like you?). Lot 20 was originally offerred for $200,000 in June. It you can get $300,000 today thats a nice profit!
asscrack

Land at Jorden River

Post by asscrack »

This is just copy of the sellers info,I pasted it directly from the website.I am not the seller,and have no intention of buying.Way to much money,and I have no interest in the subdivision, it is just a money grab. the private sale of assignment of funds. :x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
rocdoc

Post by rocdoc »

Sorry about my incorrect assumption you being the seller. Your right about the properties being way overpriced. I think alot of the buyers are speculators who put the downpayment (10%) hoping to flip the lots (sale assignment) for a big profit before the final subdivision approval. Maybe some will get burned.