Chipped window driving to Nitnat?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Voostra

Chipped window driving to Nitnat?

Post by Voostra »

From the TC:

Province sets up new office for chipped windshield claims
Loose gravel on highway has government swamped by motorist complaints

Times Colonist
Published: Saturday, December 09, 2006
Motorists who have had their windshields chipped by loose gravel on Highway 18 can submit claims through a new government office in North Cowichan.
The provincial government has been swamped by complaints after the seal-coating of the highway to Lake Cowichan failed, causing loose gravel to fly from passing vehicles and chip windshields.
The speed limit over a 30-km section is also being lowered to 80 km/h from 100 km/h. Passing is banned. The changes are temporary, for as long as the road surface is unstable.
The office, best known as the former southbound weigh scale, is at 6710 Trans-Canada Highway, near the Highway 18 junction. Hours are Tuesdays to Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a closure from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Phone (250) 748-5397.
Those with chipped windshields don't need to visit the office if they have submitted their claims by mail.
Forms are available online at www.th.gov.bc.ca/claims/
"The purpose of this office is for those people who have not submitted a claim to date. This gives them another way to do it," said Jeff Knight, spokesman for the Ministry of Transportation and Highways.
The government has had street sweepers clear the road, and this process will continue on an as-needed basis, said Knight yesterday.
"What we're trying to do right now is determine why we've had this failure," he said.
"We've got technical experts looking at that and depending on what's determined, we go forward with a solution."
asscrack

Vechicle Insurance

Post by asscrack »

:o Lucky that ICBC covers anything on the logging roads.They never used to.As long as the roads remain in the Forestry Companys hands.They just allow the general public use of them. Of course the roads in question are public.Just so everyone is aware,there are grey area's that ICBC will question.That was really stupid what the highways people did.That road was perfect,what a waste of tax money.In my opinion. :?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Thanks for the link Voostra,

My windshield was cracked from stones in two places on that highway this summer when I got passed by another vehicle, and again about ten seconds later by another vehicle coming from the opposite direction. :x
I'll be making a claim for sure.
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

First they crackseal the crap out of it for days and days, then the crap quality sealcoat....what a bunch of turds. According to the engineers the road was failing and they are trying to extend the life...as a somwhat knowledgeable layperson I never saw many failures except the cracks due to the cold temps last year which has little to do with the integrity of the substructure. :evil:

Both my Van and motorhome, the moho one is 1,000 just for one side :roll: not including labor :? Both sides got it.....nice going. My claims are going in too. :!: thx for the link
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Keen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Keen »

This happend to me too. I got my windshield fixed already and paid $200 deductable. I'm hoping I can get that back... Thanks for link!
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

I thought I saw something about it having to occurred between certain dates on the highway (ie in September?).
Windsurfish

Dates for "window coverage"

Post by Windsurfish »

Does anyone know the dates/timeframe for the coverage? n I too suffered a window casualty while making frequent pilgrimmages to the holy water....