How long does it take to learn windsurfing? Not long!

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

How long does it take to learn windsurfing? Not long!

Post by more force 4 »

Check out the amazing moves in this video of Laure Treboux in Dahab.
http://www.submitavid.com/windsurf.php?itemid=383
I went to her website and found this is only her third season of windsurfing: two in Australia, and this third one in Dahab, Egypt.

She is now rated 3rd in World freestyle standings, prob make 1st once she gets used to competition!
colin

Post by colin »

there are exceptions to every rule.....if you spent every day doing it you would improve much faster than people with typical opportunities
kite+waves=!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

All depends on what you mean by "learn" and "doing it"....I figure once you can water start, are in the harness and straps planing (turns are for girls after all :P )....you've learned to windsurf.

I feel like I've had plenty of opportunity this past 100-day-year and learned....well apart from my monkey...... pretty much dick-all :roll: Except that it can really piss others off when you always go sailing :twisted: :shock:
At least it sure seems like I'm stagnating as I'm not willing to try new tricks that cause you pain in the process.....got enough of that doing the "old" thing :lol: Falling less doesn't really count, just means you're not trying hard enough :wink: I NEED SOME INCENTIVE MOREWIND! What happened to that $100 bet stuff??
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
asscrack

Go to a warm place

Post by asscrack »

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach