OUCH ... injuries

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
dunkinguy

injuries

Post by dunkinguy »

Hey Asscrack,
I don't know if it was one too many around the camp fire at Nitinat, but I think I remember a story about a nurse or doctor finding a bullet in your arm or something like that. I'm sure you can enrich this forum with this tale. :lol:
Love The Hate!
asscrack

Injuries

Post by asscrack »

Had a few.....#1.Fractured scull,broken kneecap,both ankels,cracked ribs,both wrists,fractured fingers,broken jaw,separated pelvis,and oh yeh!Bullet in my arm.All accidents.I was tieing up a friends boat at fishermans wharf,When i was shot.The owner of the boat directly behind me,accidentally discharged his shotgun through the cabin door,and one stray pellet hit me and travelled 6 inches or so inside my arm.Yep,it is still there.Doc said"forget about it""more trouble than it is worth to get it out".So it showed up on the x-rays,when I was last in the Jubilee.The Doctor said the girls in x-ray wanted to hear the story about it.The said they have a archive dedicated to me.I suppose i am kind of famous.Sadly. :cry: What a legacy.My old man always said "I was accident prone".I always have said"That I am active prone".#1.Fell out of tree.Baseball injury.windsurfing,treeclimbing,kitesurfing,baseball again,kitesurfing,windsurfing,then the bullet. Anyway,stay safe out there. :roll:By the way,I bit the bullet.Ha!
Last edited by asscrack on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Pam/tyler: Man that was bad, the guy with the curly hair was Grant Mcpherson (sp?), the lady in the red emerg vehicle that helped out was Judi Thomas/Lamb and the others I am not sure. I truly hope Tylers swelling gets down and they are able to reconstruct fully the nose, and tylers leg hopefully will mend well. This may sound sappy or unnusual but for the leg especially, you may want to look into some form of energy healing to accompany regular medicine. Healing touch or Raiki are two forms of energy healing. It has been scientifically proven that our bodies are electrical conduits and when we get injured our electrical or energy pathways get damaged. But by using our own energies through magnetic/electric transference we are able to actually help another body re-establish its energy pathways which help it heal more effectively, quickly and with less scar tissue. I am proof that energy healing compliments traditional medicine, my hand, which a chainsaw did a nice number on, my ear which a pickaxe mangled, my shoulder which a tree landed on and sent me flying 15ft sideways and wondering if I was alive, as well as my wrist which was sliced from the side to the bone, all of these injuries you can barely see the damage, I have virtually no scar tissue inside and the scar tissue on the outside is minimal. Recovery time in my opinion was shortend, especially with the chainsaw injury and tree impact.

Take care and I wish tyler a speedy recovery.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
AC

Beware Beginners

Post by AC »

It is amazing what you can learn with a two hour basic
coarse. It might save some broken bones..
JL

Post by JL »

Alex: Good luck with your latest leg operation...Ouch.
Thermals are good.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thanks Jim.

Hopefullly this will be the last.

Have a good holiday everyone.

Alex
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

New Hip anyone?

Post by KUS »

hey, thought I'd add my beak pix form Gordie's last July. Also I guess I can add a replacement left hip in a few years apparently :roll: Yeah, the bullet is getting closer.... :x
Attachments
Markus Nose Aug 7 2006 excerpt 2.jpg
Markus Nose Aug 7 2006 excerpt 2.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
IMG_5874.JPG
IMG_5874.JPG (185.77 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
asscrack

Accidents

Post by asscrack »

:shock: Man you must really be bored Kuz.Posting even phot's of your injury's.Wow.You must get a grip man.Tranquilla!!!!!!Post pictures of anything ,but your x-rays.Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit man. :oops:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

:lol: Yup, I was reading old posts and threads..hey, I LIKE that XRay, so many little pieces and cracks yet the beak still works :P and don't forget, I don't have a house "cleaner", pool "person" or a reef break with 30 degrees to keep me occupied :roll:

I have a picture of my photocopied butt too, should I post it :?: :?: :D
Wish less, sail more!!

asscrack

Photocopied butt

Post by asscrack »

:oops: Remember Zuz,this is a familly site.Bigwavedave has allready chastized me once, for incorrect gal shots.www.wickedweasle.com Your butt,would certainly be offensive.Ha,Stop takeing that vitamin B as well,will yeh. :roll: :shock: :shock: :lol:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Must be the time for injury listing again: Dale and his knee early, Ruskie and his ankle mid summer, we had the Marty rib late....My right wrist is still shot from my Gorge crash & my left arm has tendonitis from sailing OP at Kook (Windoc would say poor rigging of sails :oops: )

I finally got my steroid/lube injection into my HIP on Monday rendering me an invalid (them hitting the bone around 3-4 times didn't help) after I had finally a whole 10 days of pain free.....go figure, good advice from the ortho :roll:

So I stay away from IV yesterday to rest but....I almost blinded myself in my left eye at home...don't ask how, I won't tell ya....just that I'm a MORON, nuff said. But it sure has me worried that I might not be able to read waves or snow again. Today I can sorta see but have a beauty shiner with a pupil the size of a penny. Opth ordered 5 days strict bed rest, no booze or pain meds....yeah, that's likely, but I'm trying.

WHEN IS THIS GONNA END?? I thought windsports were fairly benign, staying away obviously doesn't work for me either. I need a padded room or a bubble. Play it safe everybody :!: Winter storm season is coming :twisted: I got my helmet and reflective tape....duct tape...ice packs...Ibuprofen
Wish less, sail more!!

Barb W

Post by Barb W »

Hi Kus and all of you vitamin I fans. Easy on the Ibuprophen. It's OK to take once in a while, but if you're taking it regularly, year after year, it can damage your kidneys. When you see your doc, have your GFR checked. (Glomerular filtration rate).
G-Daddy

Adding my two bits to this thread...

Post by G-Daddy »

Two weeks post blowing my foot apart... A lisfranc fracture/dislocation of my midfoot. Basically a seperation of your forefoot from your midfoot along the metatarsals. Bunch of small fractures involved but it's mostly a ligamentous thing. Very bad injury. Blows apart the arch in your foot. Commonly associated with WS because of the footstraps and associated leverage which can occur in the area. This is one of a few things that can happen if you go backwards while board and rig go forwards and your feet are buried deep in the straps. Mine was very atypical... feet actually popped out of the straps after a jump, holding boom got thrown forward over nose of board after it hit the water, and my foot hit the rail of the board as I passed over it at high speed.

Very long recovery from this injury. Hopefully see you all at the beach next year, but I'm done for the season.
G-Daddy

Post by G-Daddy »

Another injury added to the list.... go team BWD.
Attachments
Ouch.jpg
Ouch.jpg (270.34 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
IMG_0398.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg (858.82 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
G-Daddy

Post by G-Daddy »

O.k. that's like 9 times too big, sorry.... didn't know how to reduce the size of the image for the post