Ignorance....

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Teabag

Ignorance....

Post by Teabag »

Did you guys knew what teabag or teabagging meant? (urban dictionary)
Or you taught like me that was a kite boarding name for beginner?

I chose that name because friends use to call me teabag while I was trying to kite board (having not much control, I was up in the air, down in the water, up in the air, down in the water etc..., like a teabag in a coffee cup -kind of-)
They never told me the other meaning tho.

I didn't know the other definition until today. While logging on a mountaineering website as teabag, an acquaintance laugh and ask me, "do you know what that mean"? I explain him the kite surfing thing, and he start laughing harder. Telling me to google it.

English not being my first language, it sometimes happen while talking to a stranger or an acquaintance that they have that weird expression on their face, after a sentence or a word I just said. I usually have a flashback a couple of days later when I understand the real meaning of what I said to them. (it rarely happen now)

All that to say, there is sooooo many flashback, memories of "unexplained faces and reactions" from the last 4 years that I now understand.
From co-workers, random people, the guy (from the mounteneering website) on the phone asking me while registration process: "Did you said teabag? Are you sure you want this as a login?". But the funniest reactions, by far, are from some womans, when telling them my name on forums, my other e-mail adress, etc...
WhAt An IdIoT :evil:
(I think the laugh I had when "re-playing" their reactions in my head make it all worthed)
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Well I'm a native English speaker but have only heard the kiting reference. I thought it was a great name for a kiter. I'm not so good on pop culture though. I guess I'll have to google it myself to find the hidden meaning!

Edit: Ah, Wikipedia, source of all knowledge......
Last edited by more force 4 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWIND

teabaggers

Post by GWIND »

:oops: wow I'LL NEVER look at a kiter the same. So winddoc are you learning this new teabag technique. sounds fun to me.
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Hmm. I also googled "take it on the chin" and you get:

"If you take something on the chin, something bad happens to you and you take it directly without fuss."

Therefore, teabaggers take it on the chin.

I have not learned this technique in kiting and would prefer to avoid it. Poleskipping sounds little better however. :oops:

Ah, the double entendre. This post may require a PG-13 rating by now.
Hey, where's my donkey dink?
Poultry in motion
Tedz

Post by Tedz »

Now thats funny
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

and then there's your teabagger drinking buddies http://www.chilifrei.net/mstb/ :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
JL

Post by JL »

'Tea bagging' is flying a 'C' kite in full depower mode in winds strong enough to lift the kiter up out of the water & drop him/her back in just like someone dipping a tea bag in a cup/mug from the attached string.
Thermals are good.
Mark

THE LESSON

Post by Mark »

Hey Kus, I think you should show by example what 'teabagging' really means.......you could use 'Jimmy Lewis', as he clearly does not know what it means.......only us perverts!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Yeah, hey, lemme think about that for maybe a nanosec..... :? How'd I become part of the target here :evil:

Not to mention I have precious few close friends that I trust that much, none of them with Y chromosomes :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
AC

Tea bag

Post by AC »

Tea bagging is when you send Kus out on a 16 meter kite in 30 knots of wind.
Ha :lol:
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Hey guys! Better straigten up or I will Mortontoe you! Ouch!!
I wish my TOW was longer!
JL

Post by JL »

http://www.teamcoyote.net/2003Coyote/20 ... bag_01.jpg from google images. 'Teabagging through the w.s. zone.'
Thermals are good.