BWD Site Fundraiser: KA Sails Auction

What's new on the website
G-Daddy

Post by G-Daddy »

Bring it on home to papa!

Just added 50$ to the pile... great cause. Thanks for all the work that goes into the site BWD. I've been using it daily since moving to the island. An essential utility.... just like water, power and heat.

Thank You!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Okay I normally keep quiet about such topics but I feel I have to give my side...if anyone really cares about this. I only wanted to disclose to people that part of the donations (a large part actually about $360) was going towards paying for two KA logos to be put on the website. Instead of paying the normal monthly amount for the logos, the fundraiser would raise money to help pay for the advertising and any extra would be given to the website. So I really wanted this fact disclosed since it was not a simple sail donation with no strings attached, as many I assume believed. I thought $360 should be subtracted from the total of the donations. Unfortunately when I asked for this to be posted it was met with a lot of anger which seems to have disappeared now from the above posts. Oh well. I do appreciate all the effort that Kus has done in fundraising in the past.

At least I learned a few things in this whole process. I should speak up at the beginning and disclose where the money is going in a fundraiser like this. I also have to work out any advertising agreements before things get underway. I failed on both of these and things got messed up. This may be "politics" to some but they are important details that should be worked out ahead of time. I guess I never thought I'd have to deal with this stuff when I started a simple weather website, and it is probably the reason why the site won't be around forever, for me anyway.

Please don't respond to this, it is just an explanation of how things have developed. There are many more important things going on in the world to talk about.

And THANK YOU to everyone that has donated,
dave
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

More Motivation

Post by KUS »

Yes, I sanitized my anger outburst, it had no place on the site.

My apologies, I guess I felt things were or could have been a bit simpler than they turned out. Frustrations got the better of me and in good hot-blooded German fashion I let it show in full color :oops:

I am sorry, hope Dave can forgive me, grovel grovel grovel :(

I have updated the donations table below, thanks all 8)
Last edited by KUS on Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Mike D

Past $1,000!!!

Post by Mike D »

Open up the goody bag Kus, we are over the 1K mark!!!
GWIND

GOOD WORK KUS

Post by GWIND »

Hey Dave 50 bucks in the mail GW
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
Mike D

Bring on the draw

Post by Mike D »

Added $105.....I am feeling lucky, lets get the party started!!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

updated as below 8)
Last edited by KUS on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wish less, sail more!!

Wavos Rancheros

In for2

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

Wavos Rancheros is in for 35-2 Good Luck Everyone! T-90 minutes...
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Hi All- this is the final list, please check if your name and ticket numbers are accurate for this "KA/Windsurfdeal.com BWD fundraiser" 8)

MortonToeMike - $50 - 3
MF4 $100 - 7
Penguin - $20 - 1
BigD - $55 - 3
TheLaw $50 - 3
Windwoman $50 - 3
4J - $20 - 1
Grandma Jo - $20 - 1
Winddoc & Steph - $100 - 7
RainX - $50 - 3
KC7777 - $40 - 2
Wingnut - $20 - 1
Keen - $40 - 2
Johnnyman - $50 - 3
MMMike - $52 -3
G-Daddy $50 - 3
Gord Baines $52 - 3
Arturo $50 - 3
RVanderbyl $50 - 3
GWind $50 - 3
Mike D $105 - 7
Wavos Rancheros $35 - 2
PimpHand $20 - 1
Eastside $52 - 3

Total $1179
Odds to win: 3:71 or 1:24

To increase motivation for others to join in: We reached $1000, so there will be two smaller surprise prizes added to the pot for the 2nd and 3rd ticket drawn :wink: (please note: you can only win once though to spread the wealth :P )

Woohoo, nice going everyone!! I was hoping to get some people together to draw but given our wind drought, not sure how or when this would work best. Can anyone make it tonight to the Smuggler's Pub in Cadboro Bay?? Or are a few people attending Giles' party tonight?? Pls post on the memoboard, thank you. Thanks all for the participation!!! Looking forward to rewarding the winners! :twisted: :!:

:!: :!: Also please note my 2nd to last edited post if you didn't already
Wish less, sail more!!

GWIND

FUNDRAISING

Post by GWIND »

THANKS to KUS for all his work past and present. 8)
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Bummer CB didn't work out today....well, 2 knots right now even if it comes up we'll need headlamps I think, can't justify driving 4 1/2 hrs for 6.6 sailing in the dark :evil:

So: Okay, new plan :idea: Anyone wanting to do the draw, I need witnesses pls, attend the Smugglers Pub in Cadboro Bay at 7 tonight?? Dave, I would love to have you do the draw! Thanks all!!

See some of you there I hope 8)
Wish less, sail more!!

KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I added a 4th prize just to have more people win stuff, thanks for the enthusiasm, all :twisted:

So here it goes: RainX was my attending witness, the beautiful Sandra and Michelle were the wonderful assistants to the big draw.

And the GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS: (Drumroll please) KEEN for his choice of KA Koyote 6.6 or 5.9 or KA Kaos 5.3 sails as listed :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

2nd Prize: KC7777 for a size L Windsurfing Hawaii White w/ black Wavesailing Waist Harness
3rd Prize: MF4 for size 16-19" Windsurfing Hawaii Adjustable Harness Lines
4th Prize: Grandma Jo for a Windsurfing Hawaii Standard Diameter Mast Medium Downhaul/Extension

BTW: If any winners wish to pass on their prize, we drew four more names and in that order they will receive any declined prizes. I will update should this occur 8)
Attachments
ka_bar_1_219.jpg
ka_bar_1_219.jpg (38.83 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
ka_bar_2_113.jpg
ka_bar_2_113.jpg (37.38 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
ka_bar_3_212.jpg
ka_bar_3_212.jpg (44.05 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
ka_bar_4_156.jpg
ka_bar_4_156.jpg (37.82 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Kool, Keener kaught a KA Kayote or Kaos! The alliteration is too much! Kongratulations! I never win anything, thats great! I am looking for some new harness lines, but those are a tad on the short side for me, so I'll pass (unless the other winners want to trade prizes for the sail or harness :wink:) and share the joy with a 5th placer!

Thanks Kus, that made it really fun to donate!
Keen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Keen »

yep I'm stoKAed... :D

thanks again Kus!
Gramma Jo

Surprise Prize

Post by Gramma Jo »

My goodness, this is fantastic -- I won a prize and something I can really use too!! I'm doing a happy dance today :) :D :lol: Congratulations to Keen and the others too. Thanx Kus for adding the fourth prize and Dave for working out how all this could happen. What Fun 8) and now I get to meet Kus too -- aren't I lucky :?: :twisted: :wink: Gramma Jo
Just want to somehow play on the water with a sail.