Skate-sailing

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
KC7777

Skate sailing

Post by KC7777 »

Hey Chris,

Thanks....also, where approx. do you mount the base plate for the universal. In front of the front trucks, is there room....or right over them....any thoughts/pics appreciated.

Thanks.

Keith
Keen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Keen »

Anyone ever tried this on some kind of offroad board with pneumatic tires? Does this board even exist?

Seems there might be lots more grassy fields available than pavement and the softer crash landings would make it more tempting to try for non-skater types... like myself. I reckon you'd need more wind though -- and then maybe it's time to hit the water anyhow.
KC7777

Board with pneumatic tires

Post by KC7777 »

Hi Keen,

I have one of those boards....it's pretty heavy so you need some wind and likely should be windsurfing. It rides well over sand or grass or pavement.

If anyone wants this....$75 can have it. It's basically brand new. I have never used it. SOLD!

PM or e-mail me for details.

Note: it also has a bike hand brake attached to it which you can duct tape to the mast at the boom opening in case you get going to fast.

Keith
604-824-8279
Attachments
P7270025.jpg
P7270025.jpg (241.7 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
P7270022.jpg
P7270022.jpg (243.36 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
P7270028.jpg
P7270028.jpg (152.25 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Vildernessgurl

Post by Vildernessgurl »

Skatesailing is too much fun for words! I can't imagine not jumping to switchstance though. I DO wear a helmet and kneepads. Mostly, if you think you're going to wipeout, just throw the rig. (I put the elbox pads on the clew and the boom/mast).

The best thing about my Exkate board and trucks is the trucks. They're super soft so I can turn really tight radius's. Its nice to know you can easily scoot around things ahead on the pavement. I'm not sure it would be as much fun with tight trucks?

http://www.windskating.com/videos_e.htm

Definitely put the hole for the universal behind the front trucks. I was even shown to move the trucks back one set of holes from the front. The guy that taught me is an old pro at it and uses the extra space up there doing some tricks.
Attachments
It's 40" long
It's 40" long
redstripe-bottom-450.jpg (61.58 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Vildernessgurl

Post by Vildernessgurl »

this is where I put the universal...
Attachments
oops, I meant to show this one
oops, I meant to show this one
redstripe-bottom.jpg (72.35 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
KC7777

Skate sailer

Post by KC7777 »

Thanks Vildernessgurl,

Any other pics of anyone's skate sailers appreciated.

I am hunting some trucks, wheels and decks on eBay.

What constitutes wide trucks...180 mm? And wheel size approx. 70?

Thanks,

Keith
Vildernessgurl

Post by Vildernessgurl »

well, on mine the wheels are 5" apart from each other and about 7" from tip to tip of the trucks (which are inset from the outside of the wheels). The wheels are 75mm across.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i really like the grizzly trucks from landyachtz in vancouver. you can even get a bomber 10mm axle which might be good with the extra weight of a rig on there. their 76mm hawgs are great wheels too, lots of squishy urethane!
Vildernessgurl

Post by Vildernessgurl »

http://www.exkate.com/101torsiontrucks.htm

If I didn't live so far away, I'd let you see how well they carve. Like the blurb about them says.. they're really smooth when they return to centre.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Buhala boards have a range from cruising to freestyle. They are all-terrain boards designed specifically for sailing. The cruise ones have coil springs built in, but 350 euros! They have some neat freestyle videos on the site and some details of the board construction/design.
http://www.buhalaboards.com/v5/world/boards/