Places to Kite in Northern Brazil in June???

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
glazediggy

Places to Kite in Northern Brazil in June???

Post by glazediggy »

Does anyone have any suggestions/personal experience with heading down to the north coast of Brazil in later June (apparently the wind picks up in June). I'm looking for a place to kite for a week or so, not crowded, cheap if possible and nice (not to be too demanding!). Also, I need to be around someone who is certified to teach my girlfriend. Any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks,

Lee.
The Dogs Bollucks

Post by The Dogs Bollucks »

Jericoacoara is a pretty amazing place ... lots of activities to go along with the wind sports as well ( dune buggy tours , longboarding , restaurants , drinking , dancing , ) .. there are several kite schools there ... and a variety of different locations to kite nearby ( most of which are a dune buggy ride away from Jeri)
There are other places where the kiting might be a little bit better along the coast ( better waves ... flatwater lagoon etc ) ... but Jeri's pretty sweet .
Fortaleeza's a shit hole .. Cumbuco's alright if you want to stay in one of many little gated resorts and kite right in front of your room ... no real town life to speak of ..
PM me if you want a little more info .. I can recommend a Landrover Surfari guide that''ll pick you up at the Fortaleeza airport , drive along the beach the whole way to Jeri ( 4 hrs ) taking a few barge style ferries across several rivers ... and stop at a few sweet kite wave spots along the way . Anywhere you go is good .... except fortaleeza.
Cheers
Dan-o