kite hit RV.........learned lots

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
BK

Post by BK »

Why yes ED I sure do... KUS you hit the hammer square in the head... Having said that I sure do (almost) feel sorry for the KOOK that ruins this sport for us all. You will be a DISLIKED individual. (that goes out to all)
The worst part of it all is that "Back in the day" those of us that were learning took it very seriously. We knew the risks involved and took percautions... Or at least ASKED questions. Sailing in and around Vic should be treated as a privilage.
57palm, have you ever seen anyone kite over there... I haven't... So maybe there is a reason for that... Jones'n or not...These little things that are overlooked tend to result with serious consequences.
Yes all KOOKS need to start somewhere. Let me suggest you start with lessons in the summer when the winds are a lot more predictable. ie:Nitinaht Lake. If you aren't sure if you should go or not, DON'T!!!
And yes Lycra Ryan...You are off the hook now...We have a new KOOK in town..;)
I tried to be nice this time...
Last edited by BK on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
57palm

Post by 57palm »

why are the two guys with the most negative comments both listed as "ROOKIE" and have very few posts on this site ?? Seems like they are either better than the rest of us or are not positively involved in the kite community. I will take their comments appropriatley. Oh yeah you two...........may you never have one of your errors discovered for it may come to haunt. For all you experienced members, thanks for being understanding.

This sport is so small in this city you can hardly assume it is not kiteable just because there is know one out. I have had some of my best kite flying sessions at island view and Gordons when know one was around. Could be we all have jobs and other commitments ? And I also find that the light winds I favor for practicing (10-15 kts) the experienced kiters don't even show up for. All is good thanks,

RM
BK

Post by BK »

I have been kiting around here for nearly 8ish? years... How about you?... I think that it is kind of sad that you want to use the whole "number of posts" to establish yourself... Personally I would rather spend my time on the water honing my skills... I'm not opposed to answering questions down on the beach. After all, aside from all of the bickering on this forum, we do get along and we do watch out for one another. Don't take it so personally... Once again...I'm being nice...
AC

YO

Post by AC »

Hey BK uuuurrrrrrrrr. Funny:) :-({|= :-({|=
BK is notorious for jumping though my kite and tearing in half and making me swim to shore while he laughs at me..
Watch out for angry people,or the rocks and bacteria covered sharp rocks
at cook st. Or maybe it is the sewer in your teeth from body dragging .
or the unpredictable wind and choppy water with sticks and sea weed.
or just the launch 45 degrees down wind which feels like being strapped
to a porch when it is windy. or the people ho kite who refuse to catch you
when you are out there jumping upwind and sail in front of the launch pad.
I Dont know..
Ed

Post by Ed »

Kiting for 5 years
AC

hey ed

Post by AC »

is that not that 5 half years ED?lol
What about the time where Trevor and i got hit by lightening
at KooK st..
when wind velocity changes really fast some time it can cause static
electricity. "Take my word for it""
colin

Post by colin »

don't worry about em 57palm.....these guys will talk your ear off if you let them
kite+waves=!
AC

""

Post by AC »

I don't think he is worried ...
57palm

Post by 57palm »

hey guys just tried to push some buttons, looks like it worked, at least a little(all the chest beating and stuff). Seriously, we all need to stick together and us newbies do need a little more help and advice than the rest. Hopefully when faces are put to names all will be good. I look forward to some good advice, and constructive criticism. See ya at the next moderate SE.

RM
Ed

Post by Ed »

BK has unresolved abandonment issues,so cut him a "little" slack.I on the other hand just like to stir the s#&t pot.Everybody learned sometime,and we just want everybody to be safe,have fun,and bring beer!
57palm

Post by 57palm »

I have heard some local legends like an after session beer........will have to put some in the truck for the occasion, may come in handy.

If you can't beat em......bribe em.........

RM
colin

Post by colin »

bla bla bla.....doodley-doo
kite+waves=!
BK

Post by BK »

Not since I left the shire back in the flatlands...
57palm

Post by 57palm »

this thread has maybe officially been played out ???