Gorge Windfest

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
BigD
Website Donor
Website Donor

Gorge Windfest

Post by BigD »

I'm off Thursday June 25th and don't have to be back to work until Wed July 1st. I'm looking for wind and the forecast for Nitnat is looking sketchy at the moment, anyone planning a trip to the gorge for windfest this weekend?

Dallas

http://gorgewindfest.com/
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Windfest

Post by Bobson »

Dood, I would totally go but I'm heading to San Fran on Wednesday to Sunday to play rugby. If you go down, say HEY to the Trident guys for me and demo some boards!! Look under their table for 'a cold one' ...HA!
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I'll likely be in HR, avoiding windfest tho 8) post where you are and we'll hook up for a beer/sail
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

Hey D, long time no see - I'll decide Thurs if to go, but with 8 great Hatch days and one fantastic coast day so far this year, looking pretty likely! Especially as Vic/Nat not too promising now. Will be in the stacked red Prius - tough to miss! 8)

Kus - where you guys more likely to be Friday/Sat, coast or Gorge?
We windsurf - life must be good!
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

How long is the drive? 14+ hours?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

it's at least 18 hours.............of drinking time

as Dave points out the Coast will start firing starting Fri or Saturday. Depending on my toys arriving in HR on time I will be in HR on Friday, Saturday and head out Sat noon or night to the coast if it goes. Just PM me.

If my toys are delayed I will head straight to Flo and fly a kite on the beach Friday and start guzzling Image
http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brews/y ... fault.aspx

It is tough to spot me as my modest vehicle is quite a small chassis of the usual class and is quite non-purple 8) nor is it sparkly :lol:
Last edited by KUS on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

Windsurfish and I will be heading down Friday nite. Gorge or coast depending on forecast.
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

OK Kus - got me! But we're not supposed to wait until old to be eccentric and wear purple, right? Sparkles are just the icing!

I'm now planning to leave Thursday late ferry, HR Friday and Sat am, then decide based on forecasts.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

but......u r old.....retiring in less than a year, wasn't it :?: :twisted: :lol:

I am taking the 1930 Coho so hope to see you on it 8) if that's the ferry you were referring to :?:
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

Not too old, only 50 :wink: - and not retiring, but moving, in 3 years after Michelle graduates! Would be nice to retire, but there's this little thing called debt. And - someone has to have a Maui crash pad for you guys! 8)

Yup on the 1930 to PA - see you there.
BigD
Website Donor
Website Donor

Oregon

Post by BigD »

Cool sounds like there will be a few familiar faces down that way. Gonna get the VW fixed up and head out after work on Thursday. Can almost taste the Inversion IPA....mmm

Dallas