Wetsuit for OR Coast?

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Jfish

Wetsuit for OR Coast?

Post by Jfish »

Trying to remember if I need a 5-4 wetsuit or I can get away with my brand new 4-3 for the OR coast. I like the slight bit more shark protection the 5-4 offers, but falls behind in terms of pumped out arms so may not be as easy to waterstart and zip away quickly.
Can I get away with the 4-3?
Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

Janet I was a wee bit cold with my new 4/3 a few years ago but was nice and comfortably warm with 5/4 last year. It's surprisingly cold there especially when the fog rolls in at least at Florence. I think that sharks were declared enemy combatants and part of the access of evil so they have all been moved to Guantanamo.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

When surfing down there I have always stuck with the 5/4. That water ain't warm and neither are the beaches!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

Thx Johnnyman - will pack the 5/4.
Now there's two things I can praise Dubya about - Gitmo sharks and eloquent use of the English language
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

janetfish wrote:Now there's two things I can praise Dubya about - Gitmo sharks and eloquent use of the English language
I thank him for homeland security and the strip search they gave me on route to maui. Thank goodness, I felt soooo much safer.
Don't forget to bring a towel!