is this a fashion show?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
~ pimp hand ~

is this a fashion show?

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

... so wassup with people wearing thier surfshorts over thier wetsuits? ... i jus don't get it :? ... sorry, but i just had to ask.
Seabiscuit

Post by Seabiscuit »

I do not believe this fashion trend was started by people from the island. This seems very big city to me. [smilie=rauch06.gif]
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

I think it's people thinking that if you look "cool" you get the chicks i mean why else would they kite or windsurf right? and i mean if surfers do it (especialy those ones who go to tofino that really can't surf but do it to look cool) then everyone should!

Post by guest »

small packages get covered.
trevorsamo

Post by trevorsamo »

shorts are used to protect your wetsuit from chafe
TURTLE

Post by TURTLE »

Hmm...for what!?

Got a hole in your wet suit?

:?:
seabiscuit

Post by seabiscuit »

Does the chafe itch or burn?
Werd

Post by Werd »

No seriously...part fashion - the wakeboard influence in Kiting, part protection - rather have a hole in my shorts than my suit, and finally feels a lot better with a shorty wetsuit. Werd!
Seabisucuit

Post by Seabisucuit »

Werd [smilie=rauch06.gif]
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

What bout me, I am supposed to go in the buff???

seriously though, so @#$!@# what if you wear shorts, what does it matter to you or others. You like to stir shit don't you pimp hand. The sports (any really) are all about what you enjoy and thats it, why concern yourself about anything else. So question to you pimp hand, whassup with wanting to see us in our tights eh???
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

kitesurferdale wrote:What bout me, I am supposed to go in the buff???

seriously though, so what if you wear shorts, what does it matter to you or others. You like to stir shit don't you pimp hand. The sports (any really) are all about what you enjoy and thats it, why concern yourself about anything else. So question to you pimp hand, whassup with wanting to see us in our tights eh???
ewww yeah ... i'm really stirring the shit :shock:

tights?? ... for the record, i don't where tights, and i'm def not wanting to see kitesurferdale in any either
... around here we've been using a little thing called a wetsuit/with optional shorts apparently.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i think now that you cant get neon trim on you suits anymore (or full neon for that matter) you got to add a little bit of style where you can. for some their moves say it all for better or worse, others gotta dress it up a bit. also for kiting, a trunk pocket is a great place to stash a knife. for me, i wear trunks in the summer and if you saw the gaping wetsuit hole im covering up you would thank me. and im not from the big city so stop looking at my butt and go sail.
jump'njibe'njim

Post by jump'njibe'njim »

Yo pimphand, you're sounding OLD, like me. My 18 year old daughter tells me all the time. I gotta admit, when I first saw the youngsters with baggies over wetsuits I laughed all day. But it's fashion, pure and simple. You gotta look young and cool and if old farts think it's weird then it's perfect. Remember Zink sunscreen? Did we look stupid or what? And that stuff got all over everything.
What I wonder is what's next? What unfathomable fashion statement is lurking in the future? Whatever it is, it'll be really weird and totally cool.
FUN
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

the next big thing will be button up shirts over wetsuits.
you read it here first!

i made sponsored! :D :) :o :evil:
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

werd

Post by Bobson »

OK I'm guessing I'm going to have to windsurf in the BUFF next time up at Nitnat. Out in the middle of the lake so as not to scare the kids(and others). But I'm thinking it would be a pretty cool feeling until I inevitable went over the handlebars with a half twist and flattened the brothers!! YIKES!!! :shock: