Add to our Westcoast Windsport Dictionary!!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: dictionary

Post by KUS »

dunkinguy wrote: adjective (word modifying a noun or pronoun) to describe painful wounds associated with our sport. For example, Kus is sporting a hate nose or, Phatbudda has an open sucking hate foot or hate foogina. Although my rib is healing, I often refer to my separated rib as the hate lump. Finally, after several days in a row at the Jetty most sailors get a very bad rash around the throat; back of the neck and sometimes in the groinodial regionitis. Most would call this a bad rash. Few people realize that the actual medical term for this condition is "hate rash" or, if it develops into a painful oozing sore, one might refer to this as the hate welt.
:lol: yessss :lol: thinking about the hate toe: now if we can only weave the stupidity factor in there somehow, rate the level of moronic behavior that resulted in the "hate" physical deficiency....I think Phat would definitely win that one, hahahahaha, a curb at a rest stop while not wearing shoes w/ eyes half glued shut with sleepgunk, stumbling to the can...that ranks waaaaay up there, hahahahaha :P
Oops :oops: it's a good thing that bear didn't maul me or I would have been the hate king in that category I guess :roll:
Last edited by KUS on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

BAROCLINIC ZONE - A region where there is a large horizontal change in temperature, humidity, and or pressure, such as across a frontal zone. Baroclinic zones often form along regions of large temperature and humidity change and may precede the formation of a frontal system if those differences become sharper. The opposite of BAROCLINIC is BAROTROPHIC

AKA (JL) - weatherclinic :!: and synonymous with the continuous invention of new weather terminology by those who remain mystified by the Pacific weather systems during their futile exercise of forecasting in order to maintain some level of sanity and self-worth :lol:
Last edited by KUS on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

my favorite new word lately (encountered in windsport mag) is 'gaerial' which can basically apply to any unimpressive jump, especially a freestyle attempt.
"hey did you see my 1/2 spock?" "yeah, that was a nice gaerial."
Last edited by downwind dave on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wavos Rancheros

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

almost have enough words here to create a special windless day version of scrabble :P
JL

Post by JL »

Twitching : The inability to exist in an environment with an internet connection without continually checking BWD site to see if the forecast conditions have miraculously turned into reality ... Has the flat calm @ your local spot turned to epic conditions in the last 4 seconds ... Now lets check all the posts/e-mails & updated to see if any one has some input ... Back to the local cam again ... 'Twitching' :roll:
Last edited by JL on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thermals are good.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i like the one bean posted the other day, the crank n' tank referring to the classic short period storm.
This can often lead to another situation the wake n' flake where you get up early to check the cam then bail back to bed. :evil:
JL

Post by JL »

How about:Ditch & Bitch for avoiding the road trip to a windy spot & then complaining that the local spot didn't come through !!! 8) Alternatively: Twitch & Bitch
Last edited by JL on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thermals are good.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

waahahaha, good ones all of those, JL: that's me today for sure, :lol: :lol: :shock: maybe i must take that drive afterall.....since i booked the day off based on the HUGE thursday forecast of both the model and EC....too bad NOAA doesn't do the Gstrait :idea:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

ah, i gots one, hows about: Carpoolution
when you go through the painful driving around to pick various people up, cram all their gear into too small a vehicle, breaking boards/ battens and hole-ing sails/kites in the process and smelling everyone's morning breath to go sailing at a distant alternate spot only to have the local break go off all day anyway...just after you passed the 1/2 way mark of the journey..... Carpoolution

The ultimate combo is then the Carpoolution Skunk :oops:
rkwave

Post by rkwave »

24 Knot Flu: Thats what I phone into the office when its going off.
RKWAVE
57palm

TWEEK

Post by 57palm »

TWEEK - to "twitch for an entire week. (see twitch above)
JL

Post by JL »

This naturally leads to: TWINTER 'Twitching' all winter as we impatiently wait for Spring !!! 8)
Thermals are good.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

"Limp & Wimp" One of the few occasions when Kus decides its too much after an OSR :wink: :lol:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

more force 4 wrote:"Limp & Wimp" One of the few occasions when Kus decides its too much after an OSR :wink: :lol:
more force 4 wrote: Can't believe I haven't been kussed at for my Windsport Dictionary yet. You just working up a suitable response Markus? - Tuesday December 22, 3:54PM

hmm, yeah, guess I don't like the foreshadowing, MF4, bound to happen soon the way this hip thing is going :? I don't wanna jinx myself by calling foul :roll:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Twacked - the result of excessive post sailing sesh consumption of a fine iced Italian 8)
Last edited by KUS on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.