Oregon 2010 #1 or #2

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Johnnyman

Oregon 2010 #1 or #2

Post by Johnnyman »

Just wondering if the local gang are planing on hitting the Coast/Gorge this summer and when.
I don't have vacation time till the last week of July but if the local crew is heading down earlier I can start trading shifts now.
Love to hit the coast for the Pistol river wave b but it's a no go for me.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

#1 June 15 - July 11, may not attend wave bash if no sure wind as my leave was actually scheduled to start on 24th, may have to return earlier
HUGE WAVES, LIGHTER WIND

#2 July 24- August 12 booked 8)
BIG WAVES, BIG WIND
both of these wind/sun dependant, the more reliable being #2

#3 September 2nd week :?:
MEDIUM/SMALL WAVES, POTENTIALLY MEGA WIND

that's if the body plays along :roll: :? Stoked
Keen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Keen »

I'm hoping to go June 25th(ish) to July 2nd(ish). Weather and people dependent...
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

WSF and I are hoping to leave as soon as I am done work on June 30th (WSF may not know this yet, but I will inform him of our plans when he returns from Norway :wink: )
Probably stay down there for a couple weeks and head back around July 14th or so.
Hoping to do a second trip in the first couple weeks of August as well. I would actually like to stay down all of August. Don't know if this will happen or not though.

Post by 240 »

Planning on heading down June and July for a couple trips. When wind is no good at Hood, the coast seems to work and most of the time there are some bums that come in. Good 3 hour drive, but worth it!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Well, the forecast looks amazing for the next 10 days starting this weekend and the WaveBash looks to be a GO. Now I wonder if anyone else is heading down for the July long weekend thereabouts. Love to see at least some of the usual suspects from BC at the Coast but I don't sense a lot of stoke :?

Anybody planning on heading down for camp#1 apart from the wave bashers :?: otherwise I may return early, much more fun with a group on the waters :idea: :twisted:
so Keener, Wsurfish, Sparkly... still on? Eastman is hoping, Jelly, Udder? maybe, BWD, Doc, Shags... no word? Lawnboy, do you still sail? DWD, family trips only? Ruskie's out til maybe July. whazzup :?:
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

thanks for the shout out but im heading up island next couple wks, hope to see some (anyone!) at the nimp. 8) bash a wave for me.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

June 25 - July 4 for me possibly and weather dependent.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

June 18th we'll be pointing South with wind toys for 2 weeks. Will check PR Bash if 4cast is friendly. May try to avoid crowds by sailing Flo' until after Bash though. Gorge/coast/Portland grand tour planned. Hope summer/wind/swell shows.
Poultry in motion
jellyfish
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by jellyfish »

I have holidays booked for July 1- 11 and then again July 24-August 3. Really hoping to have as much fun as last year. Will be taking the motorhome along for travelling club house and gathering spot ..... perhaps location of some fine dining. Great if I can coordinate departure date with others convoying :?:
Alternative will be a trip to Nimpkish if group stoke not found :shock:
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

What's all this junk about no group stoke?? :? Just wait till the winds start this weekend!!! Have lonnnng/lonnnng bike race late June so maybe July 2-5 if I recover, but planning on July 8-12 definitively. And again last week of July so I can eat from the Jelly mobile :D OK that sounds bad, but fun :P :oops:
We windsurf - life must be good!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Sorry I've been so quiet (or quieter than normal) and grumpy lately. I'm working through a bit of a neck injury that's diminished most of my windsurfing stoke and didn't want to commit to anything.

I have June 18-July 4 and then July 17-Aug 8 off this year. I'm heading down to Oregon this Thursday evening and will either head to Flo or PR for Friday. If I go to Flo Friday then I'll head to PR Saturday morning. My plan is to stay on the coast mainly, but I'm not sure for how long. It might be more of a drinking and photo taking trip for me this year, woohoo :roll: It sounds like me, Winddoc, Kus, Keen and maybe Nanmoo and Shaggy are in for this trip, or part of it. So maybe we can hook up.

The second trip is undecided, I'll see how the body holds up on this one.

Next year I will be 100% !!!
Last edited by bwd on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

Not sure when I can go but I hope to head to the coast/hood mid July. Hope to hook up with friendly BWD folk when I can go. Good luck to those that are able to head down for the next couple of weeks.
I expect to live vicariously through highlights in upcoming windsurfing and kiting mags!!!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I've booked off first 10 days of July for Oregon; hope thats going to match up with others, short overlap with BWD and the Kussin' crew.
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

Post where you guys are going to be June 22/23, I'll be in Seattle after riding and may be able to do an overnight & day-trip down.
We windsurf - life must be good!