time to put my purse down and try a forward loop, advice?

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Out of 12 hours or more windsurfing, I didn't even try for a single duck. I remembered once with a 5.8 and was just going for it when I realized I was on a borrowed board; made a beauty planing exit standard jibe on that one though. I figured OP on a 7.0 wasn't ideal. Next time :roll:
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

downwind dave wrote:I also witnessed a crazy sketchy 1-footed jump by tony.
Haha, yeah I got two that were dialed, but the rest were just sloppy. Have to remember to boost and tuck THEN remove the foot, not do it before as things just get messy. It actually feels the exact same as doing a can-can on a bike, except that the inconsistency of the wind and water add's plenty of extra on-your-toes-sketchiness.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Stoked to finally nail some one handed spocks. Have a nasty foogina as a result of too many barefooted loops in new footstraps. Tried some flakas (no bueno), no grubbies this past weekend either. Nice to cross one trick off the list though! Sure helps having each other to push the comfort zone. Keeps things interesting. Nice to have a goal for each session to try one aspect of sailing that feels a notch above where you are at the moment. Good fun!
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I cracked two monkey gybes on wave faces today :lol: old trick, new terrain 8)
oh, and i perfected my catapult when the fin dug into the beach on a duck, love that, especially when it's so hard you break the harness hook and have to hike all the way back to the rig to get another one :x :roll:
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

nmonumental day, attempted my first forward. chickened out half way through, amazing how much I still rotated! not too painful, may try again tomorrow. that $100 is looking within reach!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Hey hey hey! That was a one weekend offer! It may get extended to another weekend if we are both there and present at the same time.
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Philip Koester just completed a triple forward in Pozo. I don't have a link to video of that move, but here is an inspiring clip of this amazing sailor. Good for loop stoke!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGIP6Pgsc60[/youtube]

And for further inspiration, check out the different styles exhibited during the Loop Contest (forwards):
[Vimeo]http://vimeo.com/25816337[/Vimeo]
Perhaps we could loosely organize an informal loop contest at CB in late December, with awards for different achievements: best endo, best stalled, worst crash -- and with reference to this thread -- best new looper!
GWIND

Looping Dog days

Post by GWIND »

I'm in 4j. Let me know if U need help. Kiters too ?
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

thought id bump this classic thread with a great new video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLmod7FdtU[/youtube]

:lol:
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I think I'd rather stay on shore and light my $1800 on fire.